Ch12 : Battling with myself

He watched the scene unfold in front of his eyes but his own emotions were confusing him so much that he just sat there.

Kiran angrily asked aneeta, what the hell are you doing?

Aneeta, ''I am teaching you a lesson. Stop following Adiraj, he is a nice guy and he has got a girlfriend now.''

Kiran didn't know he was here, she stopped herself from looking around for him. She said to aneeta,''I am not here for him, I came to meet my friend.''

Aneeta snorted, ''really? you have friends?'

At that moment Abijheet arrived. He angrily looked at Aneeta as he took off his jacket and gave it to Kiran. The temperature was set low and it was chilly inside and Kiran had started to shiver from cold.

He looked at Aneeta, ''She has nothing to do with you lot, she came here with me.''

Rahul who was silent till now spoke, ''You are the final year language student, abhijeet?''

Abhijeet nodded as he grabbed Kiran's hand and both of them went outside. He was angry on Kiran's behalf but he was alone here while rahul's whole group was present and this place was mostly frequented by business class students, no one would help him.

...

Rahul let out a slow whistle, Impressive, ''she finally moved on. I thought she won't even let Adiraj go even after her death. We will see a ghost Kiran haunting Adiraj.''

All of them laughed as they settled back into their seats around Adiraj.

Rahul nudged him, ''what happened?''

Adiraj, ''I am going.'' he got up and left.

...

After arriving at his flat, he restlessly paced like a caged tiger. He was surprised at the things he had felt today. When Aneeta had thrown water on Kiran, he had wanted to go and stop her. Aneeta was on his side and usually he appreciated her help but today...and Kiran, she didn't even look at him once. Instead she had argued with Aneeta and then, left with that guy.

He was still pacing when Rahul came back. He took one look at Adiraj's face and sat down on sofa but said nothing.

Adiraj, ''I want to know everything about Abijheet.''

Rahul nodded, ''I will get someone to do it but why?''

Adiraj, ''I am not sure yet.''

Rahul was quiet.

Adiraj, ''Aneeta, I don't want to see her around anymore.''

Rahul, ''Yes, my lord. Any more orders?''. he asked sarcastically.

Adiraj stopped pacing and looked at him, ''So, girlfriend is now more important than friend?''.

Rahul rolled his eyes at him but then said, ''I have exams coming up anyway. Won't have time for any girlfriend.''

He quickly typed the message and send to aneeta and then, switched his mobile off,''You will have to handle the breakup baggage for me.''

Adiraj smiled, ''Take no tension.''

Rahul,'' I am going to sleep now.''

He went toward his room. Adiraj's phone rang, he looked at screen, it was aneeta, he picked up, ''Hello.''

Aneeta sounded hysterical, ''Rahul just texted me he is breaking up with me and told me to not call him. He is not picking up his phone. Is he there with you?''