Ch 13: coffee for a pretty boy

Chapter 13

Kiran was sitting in library memorizing the vocabulary. She closed her eyes and repeated the words. She forgot after 10 words. She opened her eyes to look at the list. But her page was not on her table, She looked up and there he was sitting. He smiled and said, ''hello.''

She closed her eyes and sighed. She was finally mad now. Even imagining him sitting opposite her and smiling at her. Why would he be here? His exams finished yesterday. He would be out partying with friends.

She hit herself on head and tried to focus on memorising words but the paper...She slowly looked up again, he was holding the list reading the words. Can imagination be this strong?

He looked up from page and smiled at her.

Kiran blinked, ''Are you real?''

Adiraj put his hand forward, 'you can touch to check.''

Kiran looked at the hand and took a deep breath. Then, she said,'' I guess I need to know if I am going mad or not.'' She extended one finger and lightly touched him in the centre of palm. His hand closed over the finger and then, pulled her hand forward and enclosed it in his hand,'' It's a hostage now.''

Kiran looked at his face, he was really here. But he said everything was finished, so why was he here now.

He could understand her condition, so he said,'' how about a coffee? We need to catch up on a lot.''

Kiran looked at him,'' Won't your girlfriend mind?''

He smiled, ' why would She mind?''

Kiran seriously thought about not going. It was torture to be with him knowing that he belonged to someone else. But this...She couldn't let the opportunity go. So, she got up and left with him.

After they arrived in their favourite cafe. They ordered coffee and sat down on an empty table.

Kiran,'' why did you decide to meet me today?''

Adiraj,''I was missing you. You didn't pick my calls, so I thought to meet you in person.''

Kiran looked down at the table and played with the napkin,'' you said that you don't want to meet me anymore and if I really loved you, I have to stop meeting you or following you.''

Adiraj grabbed her hand and held it in his own hand, ' you can follow me anywhere.''

Kiran looked up into his eyes,'' why? What about your girlfriend?''

Adiraj looked back into her eyes, this was the first time She saw her own reflection in his eyes,'' because I said so and I don't have a girlfriend. I am free party now and I want you to be my girlfriend.''

He saw tears come into her eyes,'' You are mocking me right? This must be plan to make me mtv bakara or something?''

Adiraj smiled and slowly removed her tears with his fingers,'' I am saying the truth. I want you to be my girlfriend. Will you accept?''

Kiran knew She should have asked him more, that She should have tried to know his reasons but at that moment She was so lost in him that she didn't, she regretted it years later but back then she just smiled and as the waiter put the coffee on table, sshe picked up his mug and said,'' coffee for a pretty boy.''

Adiraj smirked,'' Thank you.''

Kiran,''So can I ask you for dinner tonight, anywhere you want and anything you want.'' She was being brazen but she loved him and she was finally getting this opportunity, she was not letting go of him ever!

Adiraj kissed her hand,'' I am tempted. How about attending a party with me tonight as my girlfriend?''

Kiran nodded her head in yes.

...

Adiraj wanted to buy her a dress for party. Kiran didn't mind but she asked for her favourite designer. So, they went over there. As Kiran was a premier client, they were led down in a separate room and different dresses were displayed in front of her.

They both leaned back against sofas looking at dresses. Finally, they finalised a western white colour dress. Kiran went to try it out and satisfied she came out of changing room to show to Adiraj.

He gave her thumbs up. After swiping his card, he waited for Kiran to change back. Then, they left the shop with Adiraj carrying the bag.

He held her hand as they came down the steps leading to parking area.

Kiran,'' Mr raizada you seem to be fixated on my hand.''

Adiraj,'' I plan to make this a habit.''

Kiran smiled happily