Ch 35 : Father and son

ch 35

In morning, paramedics descended into his room, nurses, physiotherapist, and god know what else. He was taken to hospital later, where he had to undergo tests after test, he had to stay the night in hospital because they wanted to monitor him.

His eyes  showed his restlessness, many time he almost verbally blasted the nurses off as they took blood from him. It was like they were trying to suck him dry. He almost laughed when they told him that he was dehydrated. They had taken all the liquid out of him, he was amazed that he was just dehydrated.

However, one glance from Kiran who was sitting in chair would force him to comply with doctors.

When they were allowed to go home, he wanted to meet digvijay and dad but Kiran looked away again making excuses. He thought to himself that where was dad? Why hadn't he called? He was feeling a bit emotionally hurt too. Also, Rahul. Where was he?

He asked Kiran again,'' Rahul, how is he? Does he comes to meet me often?''

Kiran signed the files, She needed to sign and gave them to the maid. Her secretary was waiting outside for them. She turned back to Adiraj and said,'' He doesn't know you are back, he used to come regularly but now he is bit irregular.''

Adiraj asked her about Rahul's career, what he has been up to and she told him everything. Told him things he needed to know.

...

A week after he woke, Adiraj was still bed ridden, he could sit and with other's help walk but he felt extremely weak. He slept for few hours only each day, that too when Kiran slept because two days after he had woken up, he had dosed off while she had gone to do something. She had come back to find him sleeping.

When he had woken she had been sitting on chair silently crying. When he had asked her that what happened. She had cried harder. Since, he couldn't go to her, he had ordered her to come to him. Sniffing she had come over and laid down next to him. He had gently coaxed her into speaking.

Kiran,'' Just being silly,you were sleeping and I thought, I thought...just don't sleep Adiraj when I am awake. Promise me.''

His heart breaking for her, he had softly promised,'' Promise. Now, you know I am a capitalist. I am promising something you have to give something in return.''

She weakly smiled,'' of course, tell me your highness, I am listening.''

Adiraj,'' Stop crying. I feel bad when you hurt my eyes.''

Kiran laughed now,'' Okay, I will try not cry.''

So, now he was in his bed staring outside the window thinking, dad was still not here. Was there some business issue? He must be tired, worrying about him and then, taking care of the business.

When Kiran came he asked her,'' Are we okay financially? Is there some issue? Dad wouldn't stay away otherwise.'' In fact, he was surprised that even business could keep his father away from him.

Kiran took a deep breath,'' Adiraj, do you trust me?''

Adiraj looked at her and nodded,'' Yes.'' After the way She had waited for him for so many years, how could he not trust her? her devotion, her love for him he could never question it again.

Kiran,'' We are fine Adiraj. There is nothing to worry. You just need to rest and gain your strength. I want to take you to meet your dad and your son after you get better. They have come for you always, this time I want you to go with me to give them surprise.''

He knew there were many things she was not telling him but he trusted her.

He needed to focus on turning his diet to solid food and to regain his strength. Yet at the back of his mind, there was a pressure.

When a month since the day he woke up and his dad didn't came. He knew then that his father had left this world. There was no other way he would stay away this long.

His dad had told him so many times when he was just a boy and his mother had left him,'' Ad, my son your dad can't live without you. If I don't hear your voice or don't see you I can't do anything else, I start forgetting things. You are the most important person to me. Never stay away from your dad. Okay.''

And Adiraj would nod. Even when he was a grown up man, Adiraj called Abhinav every week and if he didn't then his dad would come over.

Kiran had come down to his room to find him sitting on his bed. His eyes were closed. He didn't spoke much that day, barely eating, he didn't exercise either; worried she tried to ask him what was wrong. He had looked at her and replied that he was mourning his dead father.

She had been shocked. Who had told him?

Adiraj had remain quiet for two days and then, Kiran brought Digvijay to his room. Both father and son had stared at each other for long moments.

Digvijay had taken the ashirward as he had been taught and then, sat down in his chair. His eyes had been locked on Adiraj.

Adiraj hadn't said much either just stared at the young boy. This was his little digvijay? He was tall for his age. Already taller than Kiran, he was going to take after Abhinav may be grow as tall 6 feet and 5 inches.

Kiran felt the need to make small conversation. She tried to joke with Adiraj and digvijay. They listened and indulged her. Smiling at her jokes but they were polite with each other especially digvijay. He was his arrogant self, not realising from whom he had inherited his traits.

Adiraj had let him get away with it. He realised his son like himself did not trust people easily and to him he was just a stranger.

...