Ch 38: Being cheesy

A year had passed since Adiraj woke up. Digvijay's eight birthday was fast approaching but still Adiraj hadn't announced that he was back.

She asked him about it.

He had closed the magazine he was reading and said,'' why create trouble for yourself. If board members know I am back they would want me to retake the control of the board. God knows how they had been bearing a Singhania ruling them.''

She had replied,'' The same way Singhania bore your presence.''

Adiraj smiled in amusement,'' Oh I doubt that, Singhania's take it to next level. I think one of your uncle stopped coming because he was afraid he would get a heart attack. He would turn purple every time I chaired a meeting.''

She raised a brow delicately as she thought about the past. She had personally enjoyed the silent torture Adiraj's presence had inflicted on them. She said,' Few of them are getting too ambitious again. I would prefer if you would chair a meeting or two.'

Adiraj had leaned back,'' who?''

Kiran shook her head,'' Don't worry I know how to deal with them. I think a single appearance from you would make them run for me.''

He was amused again,'' As much as I would love to provide you amusement by torturing them; I want to stay low profile for a bit longer. I want to spend more time with you and Digvijay. Or are you tired?''

He asked last sentence worriedly.

Kiran leaned back,'' I think the singhania in me enjoy all the power struggle but it would be great if you took at least the Raizadas group off my hands.''

Adiraj thought and nodded,'' okay. Let's wait few months and then, I will come back to work.''

Kiran looked at him,'' sometime you are very sweet.''

He looked up at her, his eyes suddenly mischievous, she quickly put her hand against his mouth,'' Don't say it!.''

His eyes laughing at her he kissed her palm and then licked it.

...

Kiran came to office with springs in her feet. Few of the workers whispered to each other. She knew what everyone was speculating. They thought she had got herself a lover.

There were rumours spreading everywhere. Someone swore that they had seen Kiran at a local cinema with a stranger man. He had a cap on and his face was not clearly visible at night but he had his arms around Kiran who had been almost unrecognizable in open hairs and plain shirt and jeans.

Kiran had listened to this titbit and called Adiraj straightaway, blaming him for wanting to experience the local cinema. He had laughed on phone,'' Oh my Mrs Raizada, going out at night with a stranger to watch a movie. How scandalous. '

She had replied,'' Mr Raizada, have I managed to shock you?''

Adiraj leaned back into sofa,'' Mrs Raizada, I have been in perpetual state of shock since the first time you molested me in the library.''

Kiran,'' Mr Raizada need I remind you that you took me to same library three times to recreate the same experience?''

Adiraj bit his lips and then, said,'' You have a point Mrs Raizada. In the light of our past collaborations, I can allow you to paw me anytime. In fact how about tonight. Say we go back to campus?''

She closed her eyes and said,'' I will think about it Mr Raizada and get my secretary to reply back to you.''

Adiraj smirked,'' Please, Mrs Raizada, your cooperation will be much appreciated.''

Kiran put the phone down and looked at the file in front of her with a big smile. She loved being cheesy with him.

...