Ch 9:Break up

After coming back to her flat from hospital Kiran just spent the whole day in bed thinking what was she doing with her life?

She still wanted to be with Adiraj but now things were not as simple as they were in beginning. She could take everything as long as those dear ones to her didn't got hurt. what if She had been pregnant? this thought just won't leave her.

Next day she followed Adiraj as he took lectures in different rooms. She was absent yesterday but he probably didn't even notice, She sadly thought.

Finally she texted him wanting to talk to him. He told her to meet him at his flat. She saw him breaking off with his group and going toward hostel. She followed him with hurried feet.

...

Once they got inside, She sat down on sofa. He sprawled on floor as he always loved to do. He looked bit tired.

Kiran,'' tired?''

Adiraj,'' only two months left till my finals.''

Kiran,'' hmm.'' When was her exam? She didn't even know anything about her subjects.

Kiran cleared her throat. She was going to ask him about them. Where did they stand. but then She felt afraid because deep down She knew his answer.

Adiraj,'' Kiran, I have started liking someone.''

Kiran tried to joke,'' who? Alia butt? ''

Adiraj didn't say anything.

Kiran clutched the cushion and gave a laugh,'' Adiraj stop teasing.'' Her words sounded desperate even to her own ears.

Adiraj,'' I met her at the cafe. The one where we usually go. She is perfect for me. It's like custom made, everything the way I wanted.''

Kiran bit on her lip to stop herself from crying.

Adiraj stared at ceiling oblivious to her, to her pain, to her emotions.

Adiraj,'' So this is it. We end here today. I don't think we can even be friends now. She probably won't like it. Everyone in this area knows about you.''

Kiran wanted to say something but other than beg him, She couldn't do anything else. She went to him and sat near him,words were failing her ,so She just begged him through her tears. She cried, her whole body vibrating with the force of her crying.

And he just laid there and let her cry. She didn't know how much time passed but when She couldn't cry anymore. She laid next to him and then, hugged him.

He didn't hug her back.

Adiraj,'' why do you hurt yourself so much? I am nothing special. you will find someone who is much better than me. I am not a good guy.''

Kiran just hugged him tighter.

Finally he got up almost throwing her aside.

Adiraj,'' enough of this drama. I am tired of you. I gave you a chance but I can't force myself to be with you.I will finish everything today.''

He got up and padded down the hall on bare feet. She heard him opening a drawer and coming back with a brown envelope. He opened and grabbed some pictures and threw them near her.

Kiran stared at pictures at then at him in shock. The pictures...when were these pictures taken?...Some were of her and Adiraj but most were hers..complete nude pictures of her.

Her face lost the little color She had. She sat there shaking.

He bent down and grabbed her by shoulders,'' I am this kind of person. understand it. Now leave or I will post them on notice board. If you promise to leave me I will burn all these pictures and the movie I have got but if you didn't. ...''he let the threat hang in air.

She just sat there with her head in hands. She cried more and tried to explain it to him,'' it's not a choice Adiraj. I can't live without seeing you. Do you think I want to be humiliated like this. I know you don't love me. I know what everyone says about me in university. but I can't stop. what can I do to make you love me? how to prove my love? Adiraj''

He was shocked,'' you are truly mad. do you want me to post those pictures?''

Kiran looked at him in misery.

Adiraj fumed,'' fine. I will believe you love me if you go out of my life. you say your love for me is strongest. Then stop following me. I will believe you. Otherwise it's just self satisfaction which you are trying to hide under the label of love.''

''Can you prove it Kiran, prove that I am more important to you than even your emotions ? '' he shouted.

''I will''Kiran heard herself say it. She didn't know how She got the strength but She got onto her feet. She wiped her tears,'' You won't hear from me again or see me hanging around you. I promise.''

She turned and left. She didn't know why She had said that. He was like an addiction. it was hard to get him out if her mind but She will try. She mattered nothing to him but She wanted him to at least think that her love for him was true.