Prologue

3rd Person POV

In front of the Wicked Compound, there were many people waiting on the outside begging to come in. Guards with their dogs were there to stop any danger towards the building.

A woman carrying her child through the crowd trying to give over her son. She made her way to the front and she places her son standing in front of her.

She crouches down in front of him as her eyes were watery and whispered, "Remember...I love you."

The child started to pout as his mother told him, "I love you, Thomas."

One of the guards carried Thomas away from his mother, "Mom! Mom!"

---

One of the other mothers crouched down and said to her child, "Everything is going to be okay."

"Mom?" Mia asked. "What's happening?"

"You'll understand when the time is right, Mia." Her mother said to her. "No matter what happens, you'll always be in my heart."

"Mom.." Mia said letting her tears fall down. Her mother wipes her tears using her thumbs and said, "Mia, you're a strong girl and you have a good heart. Remember that, okay?"

Mia's mother kissed her forehead and hugged her and said, "I love you, Mia."

"I love you too." Mia said hugging her back.

One of the guards came, "Time to go."

"Mom! Mom!" Mia shouted as the guard carried her away. "Mom!"

---

Thomas and Mia were both placed sitting next to each other on the train. Mia was looking around at the other children and the guards with the label "WCKD" on them.

"Hey, it's going to be okay." Thomas said next to her

Mia turns her head looking at him, "I want to go home."

"It's going to be okay." Thomas said wiping her tears. "Don't worry."

"What's your name?" Mia asked and Thomas said, "Thomas. What's yours?"

"Mia." She replied with a small smile

Thomas told her, "Mia, it'll be okay, I promise." He held onto her hand and smiled at her

"Thank you, Tom." Mia said to him as she smiled back

---

Thomas's Dream

Thomas woke up coughing out the water that was in his throat. He heard the siren and looked around and noticed that he was in the box.

He stood up and started to bang on the wall, "No, no, no!"

Thomas was breathing heavily and screamed as he looked up with the bix getting closer and closer to the surface.

"Thomas!" Minho shouted echoed. "Thomas!"

----

Mia's Dream

Mia woke up as she was breathing heavily looking over at Gally holding the gun towards her.

The Gladers just made it out of the maze. They were informed that they were important according to Dr. Ava Paige.

Gally told her, "It's your fault, Mia. It just had to be you. All about you, Mia. You started this! You created the monster!"

Mia said slowly, "Gally, calm down, all right? Just put down the gun." With Chuck standing behind Mia, he looks over at Mia and saw how scared she was that a gun is being pointed at her

"You did this! To all of us! You killed Riley! You killed Ben! You killed Alby!" Gally screamed. "It's your fault!"

"You deserve to die alongside them." Gally said as Mia closed her eyes as she screamed, "Gally!"

Then she heard Chuck say in front of her, "No!" Once she heard the gunshot, she opened her eyes and saw Gally with a spear into his chest

Mia looked over at Chuck with a gasp, as Chuck said before he fell to the ground, "Mia." Then Mia realized that Chuck took a bullet for her.

Thomas lets go of Mia's hand and put it on Chuck's chest as for Mia, she puts the back of Chuck's head onto the palm of her left hand, carefully placing his head on Mia's lap. Her right hand was on top of his heart.

Then Thomas said looking at the wound then back at Chuck, "Shit. Oh shit. Look at me. Chuck, look at me."

Mia was shaking and letting her tears fall looking at Chuck knowing that she failed to protect him. "No, please. Chuck, please don't do this to me. Just stay with me, all right?"

"Mia." Chuck held onto Mia's shaken hand from his heart, "Mia, it's okay."

She looked at him holding up the item and she knew how much that item meant to him. It was supposed to be given to his parents.

Mia shakes her head, "Chuck, no, don't. I want you to give that to your parents yourself, okay? I told you that and you...you promised me. Chuck, you promised."

"Take it, Mia." Chuck said holding Mia's hand with the item in it. "Cross your heart?"

"Cross my heart." Mia started to sob with Chuck crossing her heart

"Take care of Mia, Thomas. Thank you, Thomas. Thank you, Mia." Chuck said looking at both Mia and Thomas. "Thank you."

"Chuck, you're gonna give to them, okay? Please just hang on, Chuck!" Mia said. "Chuck!"

Then everyone heard him stop breathing. "Chuck? Chuck, please." Mia said looking at him

"Chuck, hey! Hey. Hey, Chuck, come on!" Thomas yelled out

"You gotta wake up, come on. Damn it." Thomas said as he places his forehead on Chuck's chest, sobbing

Mia kissed Chuck's forehead and whispered, "I'm so sorry, Chuck. I'm so sorry. I broke my promise to protect you."

Mia closed Chuck's eyes as Thomas screamed, "We made it. Come on, Chuck!"

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Thomas continued saying, "Damn it! Get up! Wake up, Chuck. Damn it!"

"God damn it! Chuck, come on! Please, don't leave me! Please, Chuck!" Mia called out as she was sobbing

"Mia!" Minho shouted. "Mia!"