Chapter 20

Alex's pov:

"I can't wait for our 2nd date! I miss you already baby! I love you bunches! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo"

My heart fluttered as I read the sweet message. It kills me that I have to spend even a second without Zack but my alpha duties are more important than my principal duties.

"Come on, we gotta go. Don't wanna be late to the meeting now do we Alpha?" Nate said as he popped his head inside my room. "Give me second." I said as I sent my goodbyes to Zack.

"I have to go now but I'll text you every night. It'll be like I'm not even gone. I'll miss you even more...believe me. I love you too. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo"

I lazily got up and threw my phone on bed before meeting Nate out in the hallway. "You ready?" he asked. I nodded and we headed downstairs.

"Oh god no." Heather said when she saw us walking into the living room. Nate and I looked at each other confused before looking back to the horrified Heather. "What?" I asked. "We match!" she cried pointing to our clothes.

l looked around to see all of us wearing different colored v neck t-shirts, shorts, and tennis shoes. "But their all different colors and we have khaki shorts while you have blue jean shorts." Nate said.

"Plus, you're shorts are way shorter than ours." I added. She rolled her eyes and started towards the door. "Leggo." she called. We rolled our eyes as we walked after the girl.

"Girls." I grumbled. "I know right?" Nate said. "I can hear you!" Heather said irritated. I grumbled some more as we walked to the meeting.

2 hours later

"Ugh I can't believe them!" I growled. Nate patted my shoulder gently. "Calm down." he said softly so he wouldn't anger my raging wolf. "How could they question my leadership? I should punish them all!"

At the meeting, many pack members decided I was too distracted to run this pack. I've been spending too much time at school and running around. One member even dare say that we should have a new alpha! My wolf felt angered and challenged. It took everything in me to hold him back from killing the man.

"You're a great alpha Alex but I must admit that you have been running around with Zack a lot lately.That's why it's good that you're staying at the pack house for 2 weeks." Heather said joining in on our conversation.

I growled at her making her head tilt down slightly. I felt bad but my wolf is really angry. "He's human and humans go on a lot of dates and hang out with each other. My relationship is not the normal werewolf one. I have to work harder for his love and trust." I growled.

"I think you should tell him about us." Nate mumbled.

My anger got the best of me and I slammed him against the wall. My eyes flashed a darker green showing that my wolf was lurking. Nate whined and bared his neck in submission. My wolf growled in power and authority causing him to whine more. I quickly took back over but I still held Nate pressed up against the now dented wall.

"Have you told Chris yet? I don't fucking think so. Don't tell me what I should and shouldn't do with my mate. Am I understood?" I growled out. "Yes Alpha Grey." Nate said respectfully.

I let him go and he dropped to the floor with a loud thud. "Ouch." he grumbled picking himself up from the floor.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Heather yelled running to check on Nate. "Look my wolf is angry so him telling me how to handle my mate isn't helping." I said trying to calm my wolf."Then go out from a run instead of hurting your friends." she growled.