Chapter 11

Zack's pov :

I wake up with a huge headache What the hell? Did I get drunk or something? I look at my clock to see it is 3:15 in the morning. Ugh why am I awake? Well I have to pee so time for a bathroom break. I drag my sore body to the bathroom in my room.

I take care of my business but when I turn to my mirror I'm shocked at what I see. My hair is messy and looks like I haven't brushed it in 3 weeks. My eyes are bloodshot and dull. The skin surrounding my eyes are red and puffy. My lips are cracked and my cheeks are blotchy.

All the sudden, I remember the painful events that had happen yesterday. My stomach churns and I feel like I'm going to throw up. My puffy eyes swell up with tears and I desperately try to blink them away.

Ugh god why did I have to meet this man? If it wasn't for him I would be happily be a straight man fucking sluts. He ruined everything! I can't even find women or men attractive. Only him. God damn, I need some medicine for my aching body.

I walk out into the hall to find mom and dad both asleep. Dad is propped up against the wall while mom has her head on his lap. Mom has dried tears stained on her face. Guilt consumes me right to the very core. I cause my poor mother to cry.

I slowly step over mom's sprawled body and creep downstairs. I walk to the kitchen where for some odd reason our medicine is located. I grab the small bottle of Tylenol and shake out two white pills. Usually, I would swallow them dry but my throat is so dry I need a glass of water to help.

I hear the heavy footsteps behind me. I don't want to turn around and scare the poor soul with my foul appearance. "Zack? Oh my baby!" my mother whispers in a cracked voice.

I turn around just in time for mom to crash into me. I wrap my arms around her and pull her into a tight hug. She eagerly returns the hug and buries her face in my chest. She pulls away. "You smell like death. Oh you look like death too." I smile at her and pull her back into the hug.

"Now baby, why were you crying?" I stiffen and look down at my mom buried in my chest. "I-I ummm don't wanna talk about it." I choked out. Mom rubs my back soothingly. "Shush baby. You can tell me. I love you Zack."

Tears fill my eyes. "I met this ummm...girl and I think I'm in love." Mom squeals and once again breaks out of the hug. "Oh honey that's wonderful. Why are you crying? Love is a beautiful thing."

I shake my head no. Mom frowns and looks at me confused. "It may be beautiful but not when the person you love hates you." Mom gasps. "Why do you think she hates you?" I bit my lip to hold back a sob that's desperately trying to escape.

"She s-saw another gi-girl kiss me-e-e. I-it wasn't like that th-th-though. The g-girl forced me t-to kiss her and I tried to p-pull away. S-she won't believe me though." I whined. Mom rubs my back while wiping stray tears off my cheeks.

                     Next Day

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I groan and roughly push the snooze button on the damn alarm clock. After my emotional breakdown, mom and I went to bed. I still feel like shit but mom is making me go to school.

I don't even take a shower or fix my hair. My outfit consist of baggy sweatpants and an oversized stained white t-shirt. I put on my old torn sneakers before heading down to the kitchen. "Good morn- you look like crap!" my dad said shocked. Mom scolded at him before turning to me with a smile.

"Morning Zack! Would you like some blueberry waffles, cheesy eggs, hashbrowns, and sausage for breakfast? It's all your favorites!" I stare at her then look at the food. "No. I'm not hungry." Both mom and dad look at me worried but don't comment.