Chapter Eight

Chapter 8

*recap:*

I suddenly felt so tired. My eyelids were closing... Closing ... Closing.

---

I slightly moved. Jeez Alli really needed to stop hogging the bed.

I raised my arm and let it drop onto Alli. Alli grunted. It wasn't her. She would've whined and slapped me back. I finally opened my eyes. This wasn't even my room. the walls were white, when mine were a hot pink. I flipped over onto my side. The most gorgeous face was next to mine.

I was sleeping next to Cody. I sighed happily. I looked down at myself, my clothes were on, and the bed was still made. Nothing happened.

I snuggled into him with my knees hugged up to my chest. I pulled my jersey/shirt-dress/pajama over my legs. Slowly Cody's eyes opened and he smiled at me. He closed his eyes, wrapped his arms around me, and buried his face in my neck.

"Are you real?" He asked dreamily. I giggled. "Of course I am, unless you want me to be fake, cause then I can leave you know..." "No no no!" He whispered, his voice all panicked.

He kissed my neck making me shiver. "I better go..." I whispered and then sighed. "No, Angel, don't go." He looked at me with puppy eyes. His lips were in a pout. Man that was cute.

"I can't Codes. Alli is sleeping in my bed-" I looked at the clock, 10:00. "She's probably going to wake up any minute." "Fine."

We got up and he turned on his radio. A catchy jazz song started playing. He bowed down in front of me, offering me his hand. "Care to dance to the balcony?" I laughed and nodded.

I closed the space between us as he put one hand on my hip, and the other in mine. I put my right arm around his neck. He spun me around and we danced around the room. At the end of the song we heard clapping.

"Bravo! Bravo!" Alli congratulated us as we walked to the balcony. We all started laughing.

I gave Cody a quick peck on the cheek and hopped over the railing.

"See you later love, bye Als!" still in only his boxers, he walked into his room closing the double doors behind him.

"Where the hell did you go at 2:00 in the morning!?" Alli asked when we got into my room. "I couldn't sleep so I went on the balcony and Cody was up. So we talked. Then I must have fallen asleep." "Ooh, did you do it?" I looked at her. "Oh okay, no!" I slapped her arm.

We got changed and then went down into the kitchen looking for something to eat. "Ugh. Ev mom and dad have to go get more food... I'm starving!" I laughed, we called each others parents mom and dad.

"Hey wanna make pancakes?" I asked. She looked at me blankly then asked, "do you even remember what happened when we tried making pancakes last time we visited you in LA? We almost blew up the friggin house!"

We had left the stove on when we went to change and the guys had went surfing, when we got back, the pancakes were on fire. We burst into laughter.

"Okay, so maybe we'll just have cookies." "Good idea." She said with a wink.

I pulled the chocolate chip cookies out of the pantry and set the bag on the table. I took a carton of milk my parents had bought this morning and set it on the table.

I grabbed a banana and started eating my cookie.

I turned the tv on, flipped it to the music channel and one of Cody's song started playing. The lyrics were on the bottom of the screen. I stood up, grabbed my banana and started singing along. Alli grabbed a banana and started singing too. The song was called Not Just You. We were singing the chorus when Cody burst in through the back yelling over our voices.

"You guys sound like dying whales! Is everything alright?" We stopped singing and Alli put her banana on the table. I started eating mine. I kept my lips closed even though I was dying to laugh.

Cody was the first one to laugh. And as they say, laughter is contagious!