Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

*recap:*

"I am so disgusted with you Cody! I mean how low can you go? I honestly hope you can fix things up with her because I'm not losing my best friend because of a stupid mistake that you made!" Alli turned and walked back to their house.

---

"Ever, look last night, it was all Vanessa's fault. I didn't want to kiss her; I didn't want to even be alone with her." I stopped on the step. "Cody I understand. I saw Alli give you shit. But I don't know..." He frowned. "Ever, I don't want to hurt you. I never want to ever do something that would even remotely hurt your feelings. Whenever you’re sad, I feel bad."

He looked sad and hurt and confused. I walked down the stairs and stopped in front of him. I didn't want to lose Cody. He was everything I wanted. He was perfect. He made me laugh, he made me feel pretty, and he was sweet, funny, smart... "Cody-" He didn't let me finish my sentence. He crushed his lips onto mine. He kissed me harder than he ever had. He put his hands on my lower back and pulled me against him. A small moan escaped my lips. I put my hands on his neck, and tugged gently at the hair on the nape of his neck. I wanted him to kiss me like that forever. I pulled away.

"Cody I... I don't know... I saw you and Vanessa and well yeah..." "You heard what I told Al. She was the one that brought me into the hallway; she was the one that put me against the wall. Ev, you're the only girl I want." I smiled slightly. "Okay, I forgive you." He grinned. "I love you Ever." I grinned back taking his hands and lacing my fingers through his. "Did Mister Cody Simpson tell his sister's best friend he loved her?" I asked teasingly. "Yes, yes he did. And he meant it." We both laughed.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I hadn't called Christophe. "Damn. Sorry Codes, I really gotta take this. Hold on." He poured as I took out my phone, slid the button across the screen and put it up to my ear.

"How long does it take you to get home Ever?" "Gee, hi to you too! And I just got home, and I'm alive." He laughed. "Okay, that's cool, everything okay?" "Yes Chris!" I assured him. "Alright, okay, I'll text you later. Bye Ev!" I hung up and looked up at Cody.

"And I'm the one going around behind your back?" "Cody it isn't like that." "No Ever. It's exactly like that." He turned around and walked away slowly. Tears streamed down my face.

Oh, so now I was the cheater? No. Chris was only my friend. He let me stay at his house because I was tired and if I had walked home, I would've passed out on the sidewalk.

I ran into the house slammed the door closed and ran up to my room. I took my clothes off, put them in the hamper and took a shower. I came out and took all the time in the world to brush my teeth, shave my legs, and comb my hair.

My iPod was in its dock and Cody's song On My Mind was playing. I walked swiftly to it, tore the iPod off its dock and flung it at the wall. If it wasn't for the gel case, the screen would've been destroyed, but instead it bounced off the wall and landed on the carpet.

I sat on my bed and looked outside. I didn't want to go back to LA.

The screen on my iPhone lit up. I knew it was from Alli cause of the ringtone. I didn't really feel like answering. So instead I just went down on my back and cuddled with one of my many pillows.

I closed my eyes. It was a little passed lunch but I needed a nap.