Chapter Fifteen

Chapter 15

*recap:*

"Some guys just don't realize what they have Ev. They just don't.”

---

It was getting really late and the sky was dark. We walked in a comfortable silence. "Are you tired?" He asked. "Yes." My eyelids were getting heavier and heavier. "My house is right around the corner. If you want you can sleepover, my parents aren't home this weekend." I thought about it. My house was another 2 miles away. I could barely stand. "Okay..." I was really tired. I swooned to one side and leaned against him. He picked me up, carrying me like a little kid. "There, that's better." I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes.

I woke up slowly, uncomfortable in my pajamas. I stretched. My hand hit something soft. Hair. My eyes shot open. I slowly lofted my hand up and looked to my side. Christophe? WTF was he doing in my bed? I looked around the room. This wasn't even my room. I sat up. The walls were red and blue, and the room was smaller. I looked down at what I was wearing. I was wearing the glittery black shorts and white blouse from last night. My red TOMS were on the floor and my bracelet and necklace were on the bedside table. Christophe turned over, wrapped his arms around my brought me back down to him. We fought on the bed. He tickled my stomach and I couldn't stop laughing.

I looked at my iPhone. I had 3 missed texts and 4 missed calls. Christophe said he was off to take a shower. 2 texts from Cody. "Where are you?" and then from this morning, "Ever! Where are you? You aren't at home, and you aren't answering any texts or calls... Are you okay?" I sighed. He really cared so much that he snuck around with Vanessa around my back. Honestly? I thought I was falling for him! I can't believe I let myself believe that he liked me back.

I got up and called Alli. "Hey Alli?" "Yes Ev? Oh and by the way where hell have you been? Cody's been going crazy, and you haven't answered any of our texts and calls. I'm worried." I sighed. "I'm fine. Cody was caught up with someone else. Another girl. I was upset and well my friend let me stay over at his house. So yeah, I guess I'll be home later..." I sounded different. "Alright. If you need anything, just call..." She sounded worried. We said bye and I hung up.

Christophe came back, holding a milkshake in his hand. His hair was still wet. I smiled. "Aw, you're so sweet Chris, you didn't need to!" "Well after a shitty night, I thought you might want something energizing." "Thanks and oh hey, can you write your number in my phone? Just in case we wanna hangout." I smiled. I slipped my shoes back on and put my necklace and bracelets into my pockets. We exchanged numbers, I promised to call him when I got home and thanked him for letting me sleepover. "You're a real gentlemen Chris." "Thanks Ev." He walked me to the corner and then watched me walk away.

I was rounding the corner and could already hear Alli screaming. Then Cody yelled back. "CODY! What the heck is your problem! I mean really, you snuck around behind Ev's back with that girl!? I can't even believe of all girls, her." "I didn't even touch Vanessa! She went for me. She was all over me. I didn't even kiss her! She tried kissing me but I saw Ever standing at the edge of the hallway! Then Ever ran away and I couldn't catch her!" "I am so disgusted with you Cody! I mean how low can you go? I honestly hope you can fix things up with her because I'm not losing my best friend because of a stupid mistake that you made!" Alli turned and walked back to their house.