Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter 31

*recap:*

"Cody," I said, "Shut up." And I kissed him.

---

He grinned against my lips and kissed me back. We backed up into his dressing room. He took of his jacket and threw it on a chair. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I put my legs around his torso. I pulled away and smiled at him.

"We only have like 5 minutes Ev."

I smirked. "I know." I kissed him again.

He kissed me back. He sat back down on the couch. My hands went under his white polo shirt and rested on his abs. He bit my lip and I smiled.

Somebody knocked on the door. Cody pulled away and I fell onto the couch. "Come in!" We both said. Jake and Alli came in and sat on the carpet.

The screen of my iPhone lit up through my shirt pocket. I took it out and looked at it. It was from an unknown number. "I saw you kiss Jake Thrupp. What happened to Cover?" My heart skipped a beat. I closed it and put it back into my pocket.

"Who was it?" Alli asked. I wasn't going to tell anyone about that. It was probably some crazy chick. But it was hard to believe that because I knew that wasn't true.

"Just my dad," I cleared my throat. "Codes shouldn't we be getting ready?"

"Oh, um yeah."

The rest of the night, I kept getting texts like that. The exact same one. Over and over. I was nervous. I didn't want Cody to see the texts. I didn't even want Alli to know. They would try to do something and then things would get screwed over. After the twentieth text, I turned the damn thing off. I threw the phone in my bag and walked back to the bus. Jake, Alli, Cody and the rest of the crew stayed behind to clear out the rooms. I said I wasn't feeling well and left. I got on the bus and put my bag in my bunk.

I took the bag of chocolate chip cookies out of the cupboard, the milk out of the fridge and a glass. I put them on the table and went to change into one of my pajamas, which consisted of my boxer shorts and one of Cody's shirts. I took the extensions out of my hair and stuffed them in my bag. I took my iPhone out and went to sit at the table. I sat down, crossed my legs, poured the milk into my glass, turned my phone back on and took a cookie out of the bag. There were no new texts from the unknown number. Only one from Christophe.

"Trying to avoid me? You didn't tell me you were going on tour with Simpson. Thanks."

I frowned and felt tears spring to my eyes. So now Christophe was mad at me? Yay. I was lying to Alli and Cody, I kissed Jake, I might have a crush on Jake, and one of my best guy friends was mad at me. What next?

The bus door opened and then closed. I put my head down on the table. I closed my eyes trying to make the tears go away. A hand rested on my shoulder. I looked up. "Hey Jake," He sat down next to me and gave me a hug.

"Why are you crying Ev? You're much too pretty to cry..." He smiled and put my face into his warm hands. He brushed the tears away with his thumbs. My heart jumped in my chest.

"I'm lying to Codes and Al, Christophe hates me, I think I like you, someone’s been sending me texts about them seeing us kissing. I mean what else could go wrong?"

He looked away. "Sometimes, things suck for a while... And you can't do anything about it. You have to grit your teeth, fake a smile and keep going." I put my head on his shoulder.

"Alli's lucky to have a boyfriend like you Jay. She really is..."

He kissed the top of my head. "You tired?"

"Yes," I yawned slowly.

The door opened again. Brad, Angie, Tommy, Alli and Cody came in. I got up and walked to Cody. He picked me up and we walked to the couch. "Do you wanna sleep on the couch with me tonight?" he whispered into my ear. I missed his cheek, wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Yes please." I could feel my eyelids getting heavier as Cody lay down on the sofa. I lie down next to him and turn so I'm facing him.

He gives me a kiss and then I fell asleep.