Chapter Three

Chapter 3

*recap:*

Alli picked up one of my suitcases and started for the car. I waved a good bye to Cody and got into the car with Alli.

It was great to be home.

---

My mom unlocked the door and Alli and I ran up the winding staircase to my room dragging the suitcases expertly behind us. We giggled all the way up.

I opened my door and was welcomed by the scent of the ocean. I walked over to my double French doors that opened up onto a balcony with an amazing view of the vastness of the ocean.

I lived next door to the Simpsons. Our houses were on the beach. My yellow surfboard, covered in various stickers, was leaning against the white wall of the house. Sand pooled around the surfboard.

Did I mention that my balcony accesses Cody's balcony? Yep, he can hop onto my balcony and stroll into my room at any time.

My room was exactly the way I left it. My bed undone, my mini library in the corner, and my walk in closet half empty. I grinned. "I've missed this place." I told Alli.

We unpacked my clothes and put them back into my closet, I placed some books on the desk near the balcony.

I walked to my mirror. Pictures of my friends and I on the beach, at the movies, in photo booths, they were all tucked into the edges. I looked over to the wall in back of my bed. My unfinished mural collage was nowhere near being completed.

We both threw ourselves onto my bed. We talked and talked until we had to leave to go to her house for supper.

I threw on a pair of white shorts, a cropped tank, with some faded blue and sling black sandals. I let my naturally straight blonde hair fan out on my shoulders and cascade down my back. Alli gave me an okay sign and we jumped from my balcony to Cody's, a trick we learned over the years, and ran down the stairs to the kitchen.

I told Alli I had forgotten my sweater in my room so I rand up the stairs again and into Cody's room. Standing on my balcony, Cody leaned against my surfboard and grinned. "Forget this?" He asked showing me my orange hoodie. I smiled. My heartbeat picked up when I reached over to get my hoodie and his skin brushed against mine.

"You look pretty, Ever." Cody complimented me. He swiftly jumped over my balcony onto his, linked his arm through mine, and started walking. We walked into the kitchen, arm and arm laughing.

Alli looked at me with eyes full of surprise. She probably thought something had happened. I sighed to myself.

Oh well.