Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17

*recap:*

I closed my eyes. It was a little passed lunch but I needed a nap.

---

"Ever! Get your ass out of bed and come open the damn door!" I groaned. "Mommmm. Can I sleep for another five minutes?" "Ever. It's Alli! And our parents are going to be home in an hour and the kitchen's a mess, your room's a mess, and we have to get Gab!" I sat up and put my hands up in surrender. "I'm up, I'm up." I slinked over to the French doors and opened them.

"Omigosh Ev. Are you okay? Are we okay? I don't wanna lose my friend to something Cody did..." I hugged her. "Alli, there is just no way on earth that I can be mad at you, you're my best friend Al." She hugged me back.

"Alrighty, you take the kitchen, I'll take your room." She said. I hurried out of my room and flew down the stairs into the kitchen. There were bowls and plates in the sink, cups on the counter and empty boxes of cereal on the table. I took the boxes and threw them in the recycling bin. I filled the sink with water and soap and put every dirty plate, bowl, utensil and cup in. I took the tablecloth off and went to shake it outside.

I saw Cody walking towards me on the other side of the fence. "Ev?" I looked up. Cody looked sad. Had I done that? "Yeah?" "I'm sorry... I overreacted this morning. I mean, he's just a friend of yours... And you didn't have anywhere to go with a boyfriend who was busy doing something else." I sighed and looked down at my hands. I didn't want to forgive so easily this time. "I dunno Codes... Do you mind if we take a break? Like can I have a few days?" He frowned. "Okay... Whatever makes you happy." I sighed.

I turned around and walked back into the kitchen. Alli walked in and hugged me. "I'm sorry love. I heard... Cody's just mad because you were with another guy... He cares Ever." "Yeah I guess..."

We finished cleaning and then walked the 6 blocks to where Gab was staying. Gab jumped into Alli's arms when she opened the door. My iPhone starting ringing as we passed by the park. Cody's song All Day was my ringtone. Oh god I have to change that, I thought. Gab looked at my with puppy dog eyes. "Fine, go play." She smiled and ran off. Alli slowly walked after her. I looked down at the screen. "Christophe is calling" I smiled. "Hello?" "Ay Ev! Sup?" "Eh nothing. Just went to get Gab at my grandma's house and now we're at the park. Alli's giving her a piggy back ride." "Oh, cool. Wanna do something later on?" I paused. Did I? My parents were just about to come home, and Cody and I were going out, but I said I just wanted time to think... "Yeah sure." "Okay, I'll come around to pick you up at 5:00?" "Sure, it's okay with me!" "Alrighty, bye Ev."

I looked at the time 4:00. I had exactly one hour. I ran over to Alli and Gab. "Alli, Gab! We gotta go, like right now." My stomach was starting to hurt and my mind felt all foggy. Gab trudged over and grabbed onto my shorts. "Ev, why? I wanna stay..." I frowned. She was so cute... It was hard to say no. "I'm sorry Gabs, we can't stay." She frowned and started walking.

"Who was on the phone?" Alli asked. "Do you remember Christophe? The boy I had a crush on?" "Yes," "Well it was him." Her jaw dropped. "Are you serious? I saw him the other day. He's gorgeous!" I laughed. "Yes he is. I think we're going on a date, but I'm not sure..." "Ev, if you have a guy like that, it is a date, no matter what." I sighed. I liked Christophe. But I didn't want anyone but Cody. "Alli, if things between Christophe and I don't work out, do you want me to like hook you guys up?" She blushed. "I have Josh, I'm down with that." "Okay."

We reached our houses and split up. "See you later boo!" Alli called out as she walked inside her house.

I opened the door and saw my parents in the kitchen. Gab ran to them yelling and screaming and giving them hugs. "Hi mom! Hi dad!" they both waved as Gab bombarded them with questions.

I walked up to my room slowly and crashed on my bed. I felt lightheaded and nauseated. I closed my eyes, wanting only to rest them.

I got up again and walked into my washroom. I felt this morning’s granola bar come up my throat. I ran over to the toilet, got on my knees and threw up.

I looked in the toilet bowl. Yep, that was definitely the granola bar. Specks of red were mixed in too.

Oh god, I thought, was that my blood? My eyes closed and I slumped to the floor.