Chapter One

Chapter One

LA to Australia? No biggie, been there, done that.

Seeing my best friends again? I was nervous.

What if they all forgot about me? The last time I visited the Gold Coast was almost 5 months ago for Christmas. Sure there were the Skype calls, phone calls, texts... And that one time they all came for a week, but I was worried that they'd forget me.

I missed Alli, Claire, Cody, and Josh.

Moving to LA to start an acting career was hard, on my parents and myself. Moving away from my family, my friends, everything I loved, was the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. Ever.

I was already a star on the rise in Hollywood. I'd filmed two movies, starred in numerous commercials and guest starred on shows. This was only in a span of a year and a half.

In that year and a half, I've gone back and forth between California and Australia at least 10 times. For birthdays, Christmas, normal family visits...

As we boarded the plane, my little sister Gab, who was just 6 years old and still scared of flying, hung onto my arm for dear life. She hated getting on planes. I took the window seat and Gab the seat next to me. Our parents sat in the pair of seats next to us. Half way through the flight, I dozed off with Gabs tiny head in my lap. I woke up to the plane descending onto Australian soil.

Home.