Chapter Twenty

Chapter 20

*recap:*

I smiled with tears welling up in my eyes. "I love you so much Al."

"Aww, I love you too boo!"

---

We went inside in search of Gab and Tom.

"TOMMY!" Alli hollered. "Mom wants us home, like right now."

"But I wanna stay and play with Gabby." He whined.

I looked at her. "We could do a switch? He eats here I eat at your house?"

She grinned. "Yes!"

We told my mom that we were pulling a switch and then we quickly ran up to my room so I could change. "Kay, so you gotta look gorgeous, you know for Codes." She pulled her iPhone out looked down at the screen and smiled.

"Ooh Als, is it Josh?"

She shoved the phone back in her pocket. "No, it's Jake actually. Josh and I decided it was better if we were friends. Besides, I think I'm starting to like Jake..."

I grinned. I always thought they looked good together.

Alli picked out a tank style blouse and white shorts with studs. We ran back down the stairs and we walked into her house. It smelled like barbecue.

"Hi Angie! Hi Brad!" I walked into the kitchen giving both of them hugs and kissing their cheeks.

"How you feeling sweetie?" Angie asked.

"Better, but I honestly don't really remember much of what happened."

Alli and I sat on the stools at the breakfast bar. We heard the front door open and then close. A few seconds later I felt Cody's arms go around my waist and then he rested his head on my shoulder. Angie and Brad exchanged a glance. "Are you two...?" Angie asked gesturing at us with a knife in her hand. "Whoa, mum. Put the knife down." Alli said. We all started laughing.

I was tired of fighting Cody. I wanted to be his again. I turned my head slightly and kissed his cheek.

"Do I say yes love?" He whispered in my ear.

"Yes." I whispered back. I felt his face break into a grin.

"Yeah we are." Cody stated.

Angie and Brad smiled. "Welcome to the family, Ever." I blushed and giggled.

Alli's phone broke out in 'don't stop believing!' It was her turn to blush. "Omigosh! I'm so sorry! I gotta take this, it's Jake."

Brad sighed. "I swear, with that girl, it’s all boys, phones, fashion and making videos on YouTube up there." He said pointing in the direction she left and then pointing at his own head.

She yelled back, "HEY! I can hear you dad!" Brad started laughing. "Sorry honey!"

"Come upstairs with me, I have something for you."

I turned around in my seat and faced Cody. "You got me something?"

He smiled. "Of course, think of it as a late birthday present. I did miss your birthday didn't I?"

"No, you were there! It was when all of you visited!"

"Oh well," He said smirking. He took my hand and he started running for the stairs. We took the stairs two at a time and finally reached his room. He took one of his shirts and put it over my head. I tried walking over to his bed but I ended up bumping into his dresser and almost rolling out the window on his longboard.

Finally, he sat me down on the bed and took the shirt off my head. He told me to keep my eyes shut. I felt him lift up my hair and then I felt a cold chain like thing hanging around my neck. He dropped my hair and stood back. "You can open your eyes now," Cody said softly.

My hand flew up to my neck. I stood up and looked in the mirror. It was a necklace. The chain was thin, delicate and gold. I looked closely, in gold cursive writing, it said Angel.

"Turn it over," He whispered placing his hands on my hips.

I turned the word over. In back, engraved it read, Cody's Angel. A tear escaped.

He turned me around so I could face him. "No need to cry Angel." With his finger, he traced the path the year had made.

"Codes its-its- perfect."

"That's what Sierra was here for; she helped me pick it out. She is an extraordinary girl by the way." He said smiling slowly.

I looked up into the aqua-hazel eyes I loved so much. I tilted my head up slightly.

"I'm going to kiss you now, okay?" Cody whispered. He sounded nervous. I grinned waiting for his lips to rest on mine. "Okay." He kissed me gently.

I felt his heartbeat on my chest. It was beating quickly. Did I make him feel that way?