Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13

*recap:*

I took a white blouse and black glitter shorts, I pulled on my red TOMS, then I put my hair into a messy bun and ran outside to meet Cody.

---

There was a black car waiting in front of his house. He smiled, hugged me and we got into the car.

I leaned over and took his hand. He intertwined his fingers with mine and squeezed slightly. I squeezed back. I was nervous. I was back in my hometown, going to an interview with Australia's "It" boy. He was my boyfriend too. And my best friend. I scooted closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead. "You look gorgeous Ever. I think I might have to stay with you all night. The boys might want you."

I giggled. "I'm not that pretty Cody," I blushed and looked down at our hands. "If anyone ever says that about you, I will make ceramic chicken sit on them!" I started laughing. He put one hand on my knee and kissed me quickly.

I passed my fingers over my mouth. My lips were his. Nobody ever made me feel dizzy and lightheaded when they kissed me.

The driver stopped the car and Cody got out. He opened the door on my side and helped me out. The building was small but inside, it was huge! Cody and I sat down at a table with microphones, headphones and paper.

I slipped the earphones over my head and took a sip of the water set in front of me.

I had my hands on my knees, my legs shaking. I had never done a radio interview and apparently it was very different from TV interviews.

I looked over at Cody who was sitting next to me reading the papers on the table. It was so cute how when he read or concentrated, his forehead sort of crinkled up and his eyebrows furrowed.

The radio hosts came and sat down smiling and talking about how cute we looked. "And now ladies and gentlemen, we have Cody Simpson and Ever Aubert!" Cody started talking. "Hey, how are you Bernard? What's up man?" "Nothing much, nothing much." I blushed. "I can't believe it's the first time I do a radio interview! I remember listening to this radio station when I wasn't a well-known person," Bernard started asking about our careers, how we thought the fame was, how we met. "Well, I remember Cody and his family moved in when we were 4 and I instantly became friends with his younger sister Alli! Then as we got older, we all started hanging out." "So you moved to LA when you were in the 7th grade right?" "Yep! I love it there! But there's nothing quite like the Gold Coast. It’s always rush, rush, rush over there. Here, it's like yeah bro, just come chillax!" The radio show host started laughing. "I can imagine. Now I know it isn't any of my business but, it seems like you're both very close, and I can see both of you holding hands over there-" I looked down at our hands and squeezed. Was he really going to ask what I think he was going to ask? "Can you two explain?" I looked at Cody with panicked eyes. "Well, you see, we're just-" Cody cut me off. "Dating. We wanted to try it, we've known each other for a long time and we started developing feelings for each other so I asked her out..." "And I said yes! Cody makes me feel like the most loved person in the world. I adore him!"

Cody smiled and kissed me on the cheek I was happy he didn't lie. I was thinking about it before but I figured why lie? The truths bound to come out one day anyways! The interview ended and we thanked the host. "Thanks so much!" We yelled as we headed out the building and into the waiting car.

20 minutes later, the car stopped in front of a mansion.

"Here we are." Cody announced. He helped me out of the car and we walked up the driveway filled with cars and rang the doorbell.