207 Days Before

The following night, the tension in The Garrison was almost palpable, for Tommy and Sienna at least. Sienna felt as though she could hardly breathe.

Ordinarily, she would enjoy Tommy's presence. They would catch each other's eye from across the room, and he would wink at her. He would brush past her, and linger a little longer than he should. He would trail circles on her thigh under the table, and watch as she tried not to react.

Tonight, however, she just felt like she wanted to cry. It was clear that Tommy had no regard for her, he was acting like she didn't exist. In all fairness, she was giving him the same treatment, but still, it hurt.

She didn't deserve to be treated this way, but it was her own fault for falling in love with a man who quite obviously wasn't going to love her back.

It had been a few hours, and Sienna was growing tired of the fake smile on her face. 'John, would you mind walking me home? I'm just a bit tired' she asked, sweetly. 'Of course, darling.' He said, finishing his drink in one swig. 'I'll meet you outside? I just need the toilet' she smiled, and he nodded, grabbing his coat.

Tommy watched as she put on her coat and headed toward the bathroom, before following. 'Sen' he called out, once nobody else was around. She turned quickly, her expression unreadable. 'Are you okay?' He asked, and she nodded, looking at the ground. She was such a timid person, so breakable. 'I'm fine Thomas' she spoke quietly, evidently upset.

He grabbed her forearm, gently pulling her into an empty corridor.  'I thought about what you said earlier...' he said, watching as she looked up into his eyes. 'Sen, what we're doing. It's stupid.'  he told her, and she started to walk away.

He stopped her, pulling her back and up against the wall. 'It is stupid Sen, but, I can't stop' he said, shaking his head. 'Every time I'm around you I just...' he places a hand on the side of her cheek, before leaning his forehead against hers. 'I don't want this to stop' he places a kiss on her lips gently.

'What is this?' Sienna asks, nervously. 'I don't know' Tommy shakes his head. 'But you must...' she says, with a little more confidence. 'I- is this just sex to you, or do you care for me?' Sienna asks, regretting the words the moment they slipped from her mouth. Her heart racing, she watches as the Shelby boys eyes look to the ground. He lets out a sigh, 'I don't know, Sen' he said, quietly.

They both avoid eye contact with one another, the silence between them deafening.  She looks up at the ceiling, trying to stop the tears from falling from her eyes. 'Sen' he whispers, reaching out a hand. She moves away from him, looking him in the eye once more, before walking away.