368 days after

It had been just over a year since the war ended, and everyone returned home. Well, not everyone. Things had changed so much in the last four years; almost everything was different, and nearly everyone was unrecognisable.

The squeaky door of the Garrison opened, a pair of heels clicking against the old wooden floor that had somehow managed to survive the brutality of the war. It hadn't been the same since everyone left, the noise and the laughs didn't carry for miles down the road, but still, the men sat amongst themselves and talked and drank.

It seemed anti-climatic that nobody noticed her presence. After all, it had been 5 years. She stood at the doorway of The Garrison and peered over the crowd. Familiar faces were evident throughout, but the man she wanted was not.

*bang*

She fired a gun into the ceiling, the noise striking fear into everyone in the pub but her. She stood calmly, her red lips smirking ever so slightly as everyone went into a blind panic. Maybe shooting a gun in a room full of people with likely PTSD wasn't a good idea, but it was soooo much fun, she thought.

'I'm looking for Thomas Shelby' she spoke with eloquence, her voice calm and alluring. A familiar face stepped forward, Freddie Thorne. 'Fucking hell. What are you doing here?' He stepped forward to hug her, but she held her hand against his chest to maintain distance. 'Was my question not clear enough?' She asked, her face void of emotion.

He looked at her, a confused expression on his face. In seconds he could tell that she was so horribly different from the sweet girl he once knew. He nodded, before offering to take her to Tommy's new place of business. As they made their way out of the Garrison, one of the barmaids turned to Harry. 'Who on earth was that?' She asked, overwhelmed with fear and confusion.

'That, was Tommy Shelby's wife.'