185 Days Before

'Will you just talk to him' John urged, as they walked home. He had met Sienna after she finished her shift at the hospital, knowing she didn't like walking home alone. 'Let it go, John' she mumbled. She hadn't spoken to her brother in over a week, nor Tommy, but she hadn't really talked to Tommy before that anyway.

'Your brother, and mine, viciously beat a boy for no reason whatsoever' she argued, letting out a sigh of discontent. 'You and I both know he had it coming' John said, and Amelia glared at him. 'Sen, for fuck sake. Everyone knows who your brother is, he knew what he was getting into.' he told her, for the millionth time. 'That doesn't make it okay, John.' she said, arguing no further.

It was clear none of the men in her life where going to agree with her, she needed to talk to Aunt Poll if she wanted any real support. 'Do you wanna come over for a cuppa before you head home?' he asked, and she nods, not wanting to face Olly quite yet. She would have to talk to him eventually though.

-

'Right, I'll go put the kettle on' John says, laying down his coat. Sienna takes a seat, and it's not long before the door opens. She watches as Tommy walks through the door, and she shifts immediately in her seat.

Sienna hadn't even been able to look at him since, and he could understand why. However, it wasn't his fault. When he saw that guy touching her, he just saw red. It wasn't like Tommy, he was never usually the type to get into such a state of rage, but something inside him just clicked. It seemed to confirm what he had previously suspected, that he loved the girl. He had attempted to hide it, and deny it, and when she asked him if he cared he wasn't sure, but now it was painfully evident. He had never been surer of anything in his life, he just knew it was going to end badly.

'Sen...' he spoke softly, taking a step toward her. 'We need to talk' he told her, but she didn't even acknowledge his presence. 'Sen please' he pleaded, as she looked down at the table. 'There's nothing to talk about, Tommy' she spoke quietly, and he sighed. 'Yes there is, look I'm sorry' he said, with little sincerity. Tommy wasn't sorry for what he did, he was just upset that he had hurt her.

'No you're not' she scoffed, 'besides, what are you sorry for?' she argued, 'for using me? or for nearly killing a man?' her voice broke off at the end, she hadn't realised how upset she truly was over all of this.

He sat in the seat opposite her, holding her hands over the table. 'Sen, look at me' he said, but she didn't. 'Please' he whispered, and she yielded, looking into his eyes. 'I am sorry that I hurt you, and I am sorry that I hurt that man. I know it is no excuse, but I did it because I care for you. Far more than I should, I care for you, and the idea of any man having what I wish so badly was mine, it just made me see red' he confessed, his heart racing as he spilt the truth  'I am sorry, you have to believe me.' He sighed. She opened her mouth to speak, tears filling her eyes.

'what the fuck..'

The moment was interrupted. Both Tommy and Sienna followed the sound of a voice they knew all too well. John was stood in the doorway, and it was clear that he had heard their entire conversation.