Chapter Eight: come back.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair as I gazed into the endless stars up ahead. It was hard to concentrate when many thoughts ran throughout my mind.

"Oh! It's Luna!" I jumped in fright only to see the man with the locks. His skin pale as ever and his hair tied to a loose ponytail. His mouth covered in thick blood from whatsoever he had just attacked. "What are you doing out here? Most importantly, alone?"

"I lost track of my people," I said and he placed his hand over his chest in a pretend shock as he blinked.

"So those were yours? Oh my! I thought they were stray pups, might have made a small snack from them," I froze as soon as those words came out his mouth. From the trees, I could see a few shadows hiding behind them.

I'm dying...

"You're sick," I spat and he shrugged his shoulders, pulling a lock from the ponytail and curled it around his index finger.

"I bet it's time to taste... Luna." He grinned as his eyes turned to pure black, no trace of white or any colour....just... Black..

"Get the hell away from her!!" A fearsome growl echoed into the woods, followed by a silver werewolf standing in front of me, shielding me from the vampire. It's claws dug the ground as it glared furiously at the vampire that growled back, hissing to try and scare him off.

The hiding vampires appeared, growling as fangs and red eyes painted their expressions and daring Grey to attack only to have more werewolves leap in and glare at each vampire, all growling menacingly at each other.

"Hm." lock-head chuckled. "Alpha is angry hm? You must love her this much."

"Get. The hell away from her!" he said slowly. "Or I'll rip your body apart in seconds, don't test me, it can happen before you know you realise you're dead."

Lock-head looked around, counting his people, only to notice they were a few and out numbered.

"Fair play." lock-head straightened his back and smirked, clasping his hands together in defeat. "Fair play."

Grey growled as he slowly straightened his back.

"Keep a sharp eye on her will you?" Lock-head grinned then span on his hill and left in a flash, followed by his others.

Grey exhaled loudly and his wolf glared at me. Growling a bit.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" He asked and suddenly changed into a human. I shielded my face to protect my innocent eyes with my hands and he seemed less concerned of his current state. "You could have freaking died! You led your people straight to death's door!"

I glared at him.

"You rejected me! So what would be the point if I stayed!?" I asked, clenching my fists in furious anger as the guilt of my people ate at me.

"I didn't reject you! I was protecting you!" He barked and I looked away, blushing at how obvious that was and how I barely noticed. "From now on you'll never get out of the territory. Never step out of the castle, never go anywhere without an escort. Never even think of going outside."

"What..?" I gasped in disbelief. "I'm not your-"

"You will do as I say, damn it!" He yelled, veins pressed on his temples and neck, showing how inflated he was at the moment for something I really don't understand, whether it's the same issue of me running away or something completely different. "And we're freaking getting married next week."

"I don't wa-"

"Shut. The. Hell. Up!" He yelled and I shrunk in fear. He was so damn angry, and I was aware something else made him angry.... Not just me right?

I'm getting married? Seriously? Against my will?

"Damn..." He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry."

I looked away as tears blurred my vision. Now he's changed all of a sudden! I can't understand him! His really complicated!

"Save it for when I die." I sneered and turned from him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Damn, Emily..."

"I said save it!"

"Shit...." He sighed out, defeated. "Anyway, come on, ride, I'll take you back."

"No," I said. "I can walk."

I stomped away from them, walking into the dark forest. Having no idea if I'm heading the right way or not.

"Luna, it's this way, and far. Care if you ride me?" A black werewolf leaped in front of me and offered its back. I sighed and rode onto it, knowing too well I had to at least grab a ride if I couldn't make my own. Gripping it's fur tightly, I held on with every last breath I had as it span around and dashed into the forest. Grey transformed and ran right beside us. I could feel the guilt radiating from his body as he glanced at me. He's so much like a switch. On and off....

"Emily..."

"Save it!" I bit at it and it whimpered, losing our pace and now followed behind like a lost pup.

Taught him a lesson.