Chapter thirty: Don't say Goodbye

I huffed out a breath in boredom, if I knew this would happen, that Grey would lock me up completely, I wouldn't have told him.

"Grey!" I screamed in anger, folding my hands. "It's boring in here! Come on!" I growled and the door opened, I glanced towards it only to see Hunter walking in, the smile on his face was weak and fragile, like it would go any moment.

"I came to check on you, I just heard about that woman," he said, his voice too quiet. "Emily, I seriously don't know what to do, I'm stressed out and I... Even though its not mine, you might be in danger too, and I can't think of anything, the outside is completely blocked by hallows and vampires, they aren't hurting anyone but we don't know their plans."

"We'll just have to see." I shrugged and he frowned, lacing our fingers together.

"And see what Emily? I can't risk any moment. Grey signed the contract with Alpha Max but they can't send their people here or their soldiers, they might find an advantage to kill them, he was too late. "He sighed and stared at me, "Glory is coming over, they decided to send one at a time, she's more safe here than there since we have more females than males and the females in training are mostly back up, in case things get too rough, that way the women are protected, we have a few tough trained women around, they can work with us, in fact they're in the forest right now, lately two haven't returned and everyone's getting worried, five men just disappeared this morning."

"What about Glory? How will she come back if people are disappearing?" I asked and he rubbed my knuckles.

"She's with alpha Max and four of the best trained men and women, she'll be alright," he patted my hand.

"How about you?" I asked, frowning as tears filled my eyes. "Are you going back?"

"I have to," he said and I saw his eyes glimmer, or maybe it was my own tears. "Don't worry," he chuckled weakly as he looked away from me and I began to sob.

Was he saying good bye?

"Hunter..."

"Sssh," he pinched my lips together and chuckled as I saw the tear run down his cheek. "I'll be alright."

"You're acting like you're dying," I complained but he looked away, rubbing the tear off his face.

"Grey could take care of you." He said, still not looking at my face and that made me cry more.

"Hunter..." I tightened the hold on his hand and he looked up.

"The only time I'll be able to see you after today is when the blood moon is over, before that, I can't, I'm a soldier too." He sucked in a deep breath and sighed, more tears riding down his cheek.

"Don't go Hunter," I sniffed uncontrollably and he wiped my tears, I reached for his face and wiped his instead. "Stay."

"Sorry, Love." He whispered, "I made a promise didn't I? I'll try to survive-"

"Sorry, Hunter, they're calling," a young teenage looking boy said, he glanced at me and frowned, walking in. "I wish I could help though." He scratched the back of his head.

"No need Tacce," Hunter chuckled then glanced back at me, "I love you." He leaned down and crushed his lips on mine.

It was painful, tears burned my cheeks and I felt a deep unexplainable pain. I know he was feeling the same thing because I felt his body shake.

He pulled away and chuckled as he ruffled my hair playfully.

"Meet you in a month." He said and planted a small kiss on my forehead before taking a few steps from me.

I stared at him in sobs, I couldn't control myself at all. He gave a weak smile and I noticed Tacce was looking worried.

"Hunter-"

"It's okay Tacce." He interrupted Tacce who looked over worried. Hunter turned to him and placed his hand on his shoulder as they walked out. He glanced at me and gave me a flying kiss before disappearing.

I sucked in a shaky breath and grabbed my pillow, screaming in it, feeling helpless and useless at the same time.

The door opened seconds later and Grey walked in, looking confused.

"Is Hunter okay? He's crying and when I asked him he just told me to shut up and mind my own business. Wow, princess what's wrong?" He came to me in a flash and held both my hands.

"Hunter is acting like he's going to die!" I said and it didn't even affect him. "Say something comforting Grey!"

"Okay," he thought, clearing his throat, "he'll be in a better place-"

"Grey!" I screamed and he chuckled.

"Just joking, I'll protect him, don't worry."

"But what about you too Grey?" I said and the tears just came back. Why am I so emotional!?

"I can't die," he kissed my cheek and chuckled. "I'd never leave you, I'll be here to protect you, if our baby is in danger, it needs its father to protect her. Right?"

"Right," I said weakly and he hugged me softly to his chest. "Just five more weeks."

"Just five." He sighed, kissing my shoulder.