Chapter Thirty-four: have to go

I got down when we stopped at a simple but large house painted white and black. It looked very nice and I really loved it, but the question was, who did it belong to?

"Who's house is this?" I asked when I got down from Grey and walked to Hunter who sat on the grass, waiting for me to knock on the door.

"Just knock." He said softly and I nodded and walked onto the front porch, I raised my hand up and knocked softly, taking in a sharp breath as I waited for the human inside to respond.

There were soft movements coming from within and a soft cough echoed throughout the house. My heart picked up its pace and I sucked in a breath. I held Scarlet tight to my chest and stared at the handle twisting and turning.

It opened so suddenly and I nearly jerked up in shock.

There was a young woman with straight black hair that was tied to a ponytail and she was wearing a house maid's uniform. She smiled when she saw me but looked a bit confused then glanced at Grey and looked a bit afraid but when then saw Hunter's wolf, she grinned in relief.

"Sir, I was a bit afraid, oh! The clothes! I'll be back, madam, come with me, please?" She gripped my wrist and pulled me inside with care.

I gasped at the furniture, the decoration and everything. It was beautiful.

She ran up the stairs and I walked into what seemed like the living room and took in the new surrounding, the first thing I spotted was the baby carriage. I smiled and walked to it, noting it was just prepared and was well decorated for the baby.

"You like it?" I turned towards Hunter who was just walking in, smiling widely.

"You did all this?" I asked, motioning around with my eyes. He nodded and looked at the place.

"Yeah," he said, "I thought maybe moving into human territory can reduce chances of attacks, humans are actually dangerous you know? They have guns, TNT, all that."

"The maid's a human?" I asked and he nodded, staring as she walked to the glass table in front and gently laid down a tea set.

"She had to know what she'll be dealing with if she was to stay and nurse Scarlet, and the others." He shrugged and the maid looked up and smiled at me.

"Looks like you should rest?" She asked with the sweetest smile I've ever seen. "I can take her off your hands for you, I have ready milk bottles warm just right for a baby. I washed the bottles with hot water so don't worry about the baby getting sick." She explained and with the way she looked confident, I couldn't say no. I nodded and handed her my Scarlet before she walked into the kitchen with her.

I sat on the couch as Hunter poured some tea for me to take.

"I have to go," Grey said, now noticing he had been standing there for long. "I have to round up the pack before everyone dies."

"Stay safe." I said with a slight hopeful smile and he smiled, nodding as he turned.

"You too, I'll be back soon, maybe not today, or tomorrow, I'll have to find a new place to bring the pack back up." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "take care of my baby for me." He winked and I chuckled, nodding as I got up and gave him a hug.

"Please come back." I whispered and he chuckled, wrapping his hands around me and gave my cheek a soft kiss.

"I will," he whispered and I sighed. "But I won't stay here as expected, I'm the alpha and have to stay with the pack, I'll just come to visit, you're way safer here than where I am."

"Grey-"

"I'll come visit every week, don't worry princess," he chuckled and pulled back to see my face. "I'll always be there for you two."

He connected our lips and I simply accepted the fact. There was no need to argue any more.

"I love you." I whispered and he kissed my cheek.

"I love you too," he whispered and pulled away, sighing then glanced at Hunter who wasn't looking at us at all but one spot on the floor. "Leaving. "

"You didn't need to tell me," Hunter said, folding his hands. "I'm just as annoyed with you being here."

"Deal with it."Grey chuckled and so did Hunter, rolling his eyes with a sigh.

He walked out and I felt like he wasn't coming back ever again.