Chapter Twenty Two: bad news

I placed my hand over my mouth as tears soaked my eyes. He's Blue bed covers were dyed with a deep bright red and so were his clothes. His left arm had deep cuts and it scared me.

"Hunter... Don't do this to yourself..." I walked to him and he flashed his eyes open, his eyes wide with shock but were red from tears.

He was crying?

"T-Tell me... It's not true." He whispered and I frowned. I glanced over my shoulder at the woman and her daughter, signalling them to give us some privacy and they did. They left the room, closing the door behind them.

"What did you hear?" I asked, sitting next to him. He sighed as his wrist healed, the cut closed up completely but the blood was still there.

"That you chose Grey over me, and that you're... Carrying something that belongs to him." He said weakly and I sighed, shutting my eyes.

"I haven't chosen anyone yet, okay?" I cupped my hand over his. "And... I haven't checked in at the hospital yet..."

"You're scared?" He asked, reaching his free hand to me and stroked my chin. I slowly nodded and he frowned deeply, "he forced you... Didn't he?"

"Hun-"

"He forced you!" He crossed his brows together. I was starting to think Renee was right. "He doesn't want you to be with me... Who the hell does he think he is!"

"Hunter calm down... Please just-"

"No!" He burst out and I gasped at his high rise in anger. "He forced you! He knows I love you and he... He just wants to take you from me!?"

He grabbed the pocket knife laying on his small wooden table and placed it on his arm, ready to cut when I stopped him.

"Don't do this to yourself..." I begged. "Please."

"I'm sorry," he shook his head. "I have to... I need the pain." I reluctantly let go and he cut himself, flinching as he cut a straight line from his elbow to the starting of his palm.

He shut his eyes and sighed as he gently put the knife on his lap and clenched his fists as his wound healed.

"I'm okay now." He said, opening his eyes and looking at me.

I frowned and stared at his hurt arm, wondering why he'd love the feeling of pain anyway.

"Hunter, I want you to stop hurting yourself," I touched his chest and he released a shaky sigh. "Just find another way to deal with stress... Or else you'll end up dying..."

"All I need is the pain Emily... It smoothens me," he sighed, "I can't stop." He gripped onto his hair and shook his head. "Tell me you're here to stay... Even if you might be expecting it... I can be there... Just stay with me."

No one just seems to tell the right words to a woman who doesn't want to be expectant. It sickens me because I'm scared. Everything can fall apart before I even know who I want to live the rest of my life with. Hunter may be willing to take care of it but I know deep down his reluctant and just wants to keep me around.

"I'm not!" I protested, bringing him to surprise. "Stop saying I am!"

"Mind if we... Go to a check out?" He asked in worry and I folded my arms in anger. I hate this. What did this have to happen at the wrong time!

**

"Congratulations!" The doctor grinned and I felt sick just by looking at his cheerful face. I felt like I could tear it apart and feed it to the hallows.

Hunter had never been more angry. He fake smiled and laughed with the doctor but I knew he had already killed the doctor ten times in ten different ways and in ten seconds.

It's not the doctor's fault but Grey right? Unfortunately, doctors are always victims. No matter how innocent.

I hated the doctor too for telling the truth. Okay he had to but... you know those times when you never want to know the truth even when it's pretty obvious?

We walked out of the hospital and I hugged myself, feeling all chocked up as Hunter's silence increased the whole way back to his house.

He opened his door for me and I walked in, heading straight for the leaving room and sat on the couch.

He sat on a chair opposite me and stared at me with furrowed eyebrows and a worried mask.

"What will we do now, Emily?" Like him, I just don't know. This situation was very bad and I'm glad he didn't have to reach for his knife and release some stress.

I shrugged and looked at the glass table in front of me.

"He may think I'd given up on you that easily, but he's dead wrong , Emily, I'll just keep coming back until I die trying." He whispered and it somehow gave me chills.

I fiddled with my fingers and I heard him sigh in somewhat defeat, clenching onto the armrest of the chair.

"All I wanted was to find you, bring you home and start a new life with you." He said, "but unfortunately, the moon goddess isn't being fair..." He swallowed and held his head down. "I just want Grey to leave you alone...and let us be... Is that so much to ask?"