Thirty-Six: Not my dad

Tacce and lily were the only ones shouting and screaming on the table, Scarlet was extra quiet tonight, simply ate her food and avoided eye contact with Hunter. Hunter gave me a worried glance and I nodded to him to start a conversation with her.

"Scarlet, have any story to tell?" Hunter asked and she didn't look up at all.

"My teacher says it's not a good table manner to talk while eating." She simply said and I gasped at her for being rude in a way... I guess.

"Scarlet-"

"Just call me if MY daddy is coming tonight, I'll be in my room." She pushed her plate of food aside and got up, walking back up the stairs.

Hunter shut his eyes and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in distress.

"She'll get over it Hunter-"

"No she won't, she clearly hates me, she can't look at me, talk to me or now sit on the table with me," he sighed and dropped his fork and knife. "Maybe I'm the problem, I've been too excited having Tacce and Lily around and couldn't take her seriously,"

"Ah! Mummy! Daddy! look at Tacce!" Lily squirreled as she pointed her spoon towards Tacce who was using his spoon as a catapult to hit his sister with some peas.

"Tacce!" I sighed. He was the hardest to raise ever since, I don't want to know what he'll be when he's grown.

"Tacce stop doing that." Hunter said and Tacce pouted his lips, sighing in anger as he leaned back on his seat.

"Why can't I have fun! It's not fair! You only listen to Lily and Scarlet but not me! Don't do this Tacce, don't do that! Its not fair!" He whined and I chuckled as Hunter laughed uncontrollably.

"Eat up, time to go to bed." I told them both and they continued eating after Tacce broke into uncontrollable laughter due to Hunter's laughing.

*

I tucked Lily in and now walked to Tacce who was already fast asleep.

Once I was done with him, I kissed both their cheeks and walked out, turning the lights off and closed the door. I crossed the floor an walked towards Scarlet's room, she had her own since she was older and the room Tacce and Lily shared was a bit too small, I was planning on moving Tacce soon, but he was always scared and I doubted if Scarlet would share a room with wild Tacce.

"Now that you're tucked in, should daddy kiss you goodnight?" Hunter asked sweetly as he fluffed her pillow.

"You're not my dad and mum only kisses me goodnight, why aren't you in Tacce and Lily's room? I thought they were so special to you? Where's my daddy! Mum!" She caught sight of me and I could tell she was angry.

"Scarlet can't you see he's trying to be nice?" I asked but she shrugged transforming in her eyes.

"I just want my daddy, I don't like it here, I want to be with dad." she said and I sighed, kneeling next to Hunter and stroked her chin.

"Why?" I asked her and she wrapped her arms around me, sniffing.

"I miss him, why does he even go away?" She asked but I couldn't tell her the truth yet. "Whenever you go to shop and leave me alone, he-" she pointed at Hunter, "doesn't care about me, always looking after Tacce and Lily but not me, when you go to work and he's here sometimes, he buys things for Lily and Tacce, not me, you're the only one that bought all my stuffed animals, on all my birthdays, he's always going to bed early, saying he has work tomorrow, you and my daddy always stay up for long and tuck me in together, he doesn't do that, so why should I start calling him dad?"

I glanced at Hunter who had his eyes closed and sighed heavily, nodding in agreement to what she was saying.

"I'm sorry Scarlet," he said but she disagreed with the motion of her shoulders. "I know I used to treat Tacce and Lily differently, but I want to treat you special too, since next week is your birthday, we'll go to that playworld you've always wanted, hm? You can invite all your friends if you want, then we'll go to that store you've always wanted, you can chose anything you want."

"Really?" She gasped and he nodded with a smile on his face when he saw her excitement. "Ooh thank you!"

I nearly screamed in joy when she hugged him with complete joy in her. He sighed in relief and patted her back.

"I'll invite Anna, Mildred, Sky, Veronica, but I won't I invite Sasha, she's always talking about how her mum and dad are rich-"

"I'll leave you two to chat." I giggled and stood up, walking out the door.

She began talking animatedly and he listened attentively. I closed the door behind me only to nearly jump out of my skin in shock but quickly settled down.

"Gosh you scared me, Grey." I chuckled as I wrapped my arms around him and he wrapped his arms around me too, kissing my shoulder.

"I wanted to do that, how's Tacce and Lily?" He asked, still keeping me in his tight hug.

"They're great, even though Tacce is so much like Hunter and very hard to control." I chuckled and he chuckled.

"How's my Scarlet?" He asked, pulling back and raised his right hand, holding up a small back pack that looked full. "I've got a surprise for her, she must be mad since I took long this time round, I got caught up with some work back there."

"She was mad, of course, Hunter's trying to gain her trust and she's given him the trust just some minutes ago, she was so quiet and looked so drained out, she kept asking 'where's my daddy'." I chuckled and he smiled, stroking my cheek slowly.

"I really missed you, Emily." he whispered and I smiled softly.

"I missed you too, Grey." He leaned in and gently placed his lips on mine, I felt shivers run up my spine instantly and blushed that even though he's done this before, I never got used to it, maybe because he's not always around or it was the new bad boy look he had on now.

His hair was cut mostly on the sides and he added a darker shade to the short sides, the top part on the head was slightly messy but looked curled.

"I really missed that," he chuckled, pulling away and took in a deep breath. "Now where's my Scarlet, and oh, I have something for Tacce and Lily too, I wouldn't forget them. "

"So, which is first?" I asked with a small shrug and he thought for a second.

"Maybe the two, then Scarlet, I want to make it up to her and that would take long." He chuckled as I led him into Tacce and Lily's room. He sighed in distress when he noticed how asleep they were.

"Came at a bad time " he chuckled, pulling out things from the bag.