Chapter Fifteen: Deal's off

He pulled away from the hug and held me at arm's length as he looked at me possessively.

"Will you?" He asked in a near whisper as he studied me, searching within my eyes for an answer. "Please..."

"...I...I'm so confused..." I said and shoved his hands away. This was the mate I hoped to find in all my life, the caring mate, the one who'd give me the true meaning of love and respect, other than throw me away and yell at me for something I'm not sure I did.

"Why?" He stroked my cheek in the most tender way possible, his excited blue eyes searched me for answers, he wasn't demanding like Grey would have been, instead, he seemed to wait. "Is it because you're afraid of losing your parents?"

I looked at him as pain stung my heart, leading my eyes to soak up. He frowned and furrowed his brows when I looked away.

"Is... Something wrong? Did I say something bad?" He held my chin and tilted my head up a bit to face him.

"No it's just.... I don't have parents... They left me a long time ago.." I whispered and sighed, rubbing away my tears in pain.

"...I'm sorry for asking," he hugged me to his chest and I smiled, wrapping my arms around his waist. I wanted nothing more than to leave with him.

"I'll go with you." I said, moving from his hug, he sighed in relief and smiled, cupping both my cheeks and planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

It feels like I'm dreaming....

"Luna?" I heard Renee's voice from behind and I turned to face her. Her expression was disbelief, confusion and shock as she stared at the male with me. "What's going on?"

"Luna?" He asked, looking at me and I sighed.

"I don't know exactly what's going on either but I think I was destined to two different people," I told more to Renee than him.

"So...Hunter is your mate too?...how is that even possible?" She asked then glanced over her shoulder to Grey who was busy discussing to pay attention. "And you want to leave us?"

"Grey.... Grey doesn't treat me the way a mate should Renee, he can't even tell me who the hell Brave was!" I said in stress and Hunter hugged me to him still being possessive.

"I'd never do that to you... Um what's your name?" He pulled from me and I blushed in embarrassment.

"Emily." I said and he smiled warmly, stoking my cheek with his thumb.

"Hunter." He said then traced down until he connected our hands, lacing our fingers together. "I've been waiting for this day..."

"But..." Renee said once more and sighed, feeling already defeated.

"I'm sorry Renee." I walked and hugged her, squeezing her gently as I shut my eyes, she sobbed a bit on my shoulder. I pulled away from her and smiled, wiping away her tears.

"Hunter!" We all turned to alpha Max who was walking towards the forest. "Time to go!"

Hunter turned to me and held out his hand for me to take. I glanced back at Renee who simply nodded her head. I smiled and took Hunter's hand and that's when my wolf came screaming into my head, I felt her.

This time, I'm not leaving. We found him.

I giggled inside my chest as excitement filled me, I could finally transform. The urge for me to transform at this very moment was high and I squeezed Hunter's hand tightly, drawing his attention.

"Something wrong?" He asked and I smiled excitedly.

"She's back...." I squirreled in excitement as I felt her roaming my blood. I've never felt so alive. "I feel... I feel like I can just-"

"WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING!" Grey barked completely scaring my wolf away. I heard her whimper in fear and ran to the back of my mind.

"Grey..." Renee gasped and stepped aside when she saw how fumed he looked.

"....I..." I looked at Hunter who was currently growling at Grey. "He's my mate, and as far as I know you don't like me, so I choose to go with him." I built up the courage and told him, he growled, his eyes turning to a sharp bright yellow as he glared at Hunter.

"She's mine!" Grey growled angrily as he stared at Hunter who took a step in front of me, growing angrily, for a second I didn't know who Hunter was at the moment, he looked as terrifying as Grey. All steaming up.

I feel special.

"She's not! I've waited too long to find her and you think you can just grab the mate destined to me!?" He asked, both their claws came into view as the poisonous aroma of hate floated around them.

"She was destined to me not you!" Grey said and I gasped when his back slowly transformed.

"Think I'll let her go?! She's mine! And from what I've heard so far you hurt her! I won't take that risk of leaving her with a beast like you!" Hunter growled and before we knew it, Grey transformed so suddenly, biting at his shoulder just as Hunter transformed into the most beautiful black wolf I've ever seen.

The Savage fight turned into a bloody one as they ripped each other's fur apart caring less about the wounds they gave each other.

"You two!" Alpha Max roared and transformed, jumping in between them and easily biting the neck of Grey, tossing him away from Hunter in one swift movement. "Enough with your foolishness! Hunter! What's gotten into you!"

"Emily is my mate." he growled, still in his transformation, the bag on his back barely stood, having it ripped into near shreds from the fight. "And he's claiming her!"

"Alpha Grey," Max tuned his icy blue eyes towards Grey who was still growling at Hunter. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Emily is mine," he growled, digging the ground with his claws, "and he can die trying to get her,"

I stared angrily at Grey. He's acting all protective but once that pack leaves, I'm in hot soup.

"I told you I don't want to be with you!" I screamed at Grey and he glared at me.

"Shut. Up!" He bit at me and Hunter lunged at him, bringing him down to the ground with so much force that a loud thud filled the forest. A dust breeze escaped from the impact and spread in all directions and at us.

"Hunter enough!" Alpha Max bit at his neck and thrashed him away from Grey, glaring at him with bloodshot eyes. "I will not tolerate this nonsense!"

"Then you'll have to tolerate more because the deal is off!" Grey barked and I gasped in shock. Alpha Max stared at him, speechless.

"Very well," He transform back and before I could even think of looking away, he quickly wore the shorts thrown to him. "Then I have nothing else to do here."

Hunter turned back and wore some shorts he pulled out from his bag then glanced at me with worry. His shoulder quickly healed as he walked to me.

"I can't leave you," he whispered, lacing our fingers together.

"If you want to die, be my guest " Grey shoved him from me with so much unneeded force. I shut my eyes and sighed out in annoyance.

"I'd die for her." He growled and I held his shoulders leaning to his ear.

"Just go... I'll come to you, I promise, I'll run away." I pulled back and winked at him. He sighed softly and turned to Grey.

"You've won," he said with a serious tone towards Grey who hadn't heard a thing I was saying. "Have her. But just know I'm not done fighting."

They all transformed and ran back into the forest, I stared at Hunter as he dodged trees and leaped over protruding roots and fallen brunches.

He may not be an alpha but he's the one I'm in love with.