CHAPTER 4

***SOPHIA'S P.O.V.***

"So how was the X Factor? Did you winn?" I ask in my hoarse tone. Right after i say that I instantly regret it. Just seeing his smile turn into a frown like that breaks my heart. Wait, why did he frown? I thought he didn't care about me? "Oh um well Simon, one of the judges, thought that it would be better if i got into a band with four other singers. Their names are Niall, Harry, Zayn, and Louis. Our band is called One Direction." I remember hearing one of their songs on the radio, What Makes You Beautiful, i think? Wow, i can't believe i didn't reconize Liam's voice. "Oh, thats great!" I say. Right as I am about to reach out and give him a hug a blond guy about the same age as Liam, comes running into the room with a big grin plastered all over his face. He is followed by 3 other boys, one with curly brown hair and dazzeling grren eyes, one with straight brown hair, and one with dark brown almost blackish hair. "Hello, i'm Niall." says the blond one. "This is Harry, Louis, and Zayn." He points to the other 3 and they all give sheepish waves. I am still trying to figure out why they are here. My thoughts get interupted when Zayn, im guessing, gets up and says that he and the boys will be right back. Then he mutters something to the other three and its just me and Liam, again. "So um why are you guys here?" I ask. I decided to just go all out and say it. I mean whats the worst that can happen, right? Liam looks a little caught off guard but answers anyway. "Oh the hospital called and said that I was the only one that was on your files as a friend." He looks away. "And um that you dont have a place to stay..." Then reality actually hits me. My grandpa, the one person that i acutally loved (except for Liam that is) died and now both my parents are pretty much gone. I am only 16, where am i susposed to go? I have no friends, Liam is the only thing that I have left. How am i susposed to stay with him? I have ignored him for the past 2 years and he is still willing to take me back (well our friendship that is). What if he doesn't want me and he just feels bad because my life is so suckish? What if he secretly hates me? I just can't help myself and i start balling like a 2 year old. He comes to comfort me and i let him. He sits down on my bed and hugs me tight and i just cry on his shoulders for what feels like hours. When i wake up Liam's arms are around me and im sleeping on his chest. I lick my lips and find them to be very salty, then all the memories of yeasterday come flooding back and i feel my eyes start  to well up with tears again. I quickly blink them back and strech. "Good morning sleeping beauty." Says Liam. "Morning" I say. Then the door opens and the nurse comes in. "Okay, you are all set to go. I have your medicne right here, you can borrow a wheelchair, oh and your mother wanted you to have this." She holds out a diamond and pearl ring. This was my mother's favorite ring. She wore it everywhere. One time when she was cleaning up dinner dishes she droped it down the drain and she had to call a plumber to crank open the pipes just so she could get her ring back. I put it on, a perfect fit, from now on i am never going to take it off. "What about my father?" I said. " He went last night, I'm very sorry." "Oh" Was all I could manage to say. After a few minuets of awarkard silence the nurse left. "Sof, do u want to leave now?" Liam asked. All i could do was nod. There is a slight knock on the door before it opens to reveal 4 smiling faces. "Everyone ready?" Zayn askes. I just nod. LIam picks me up and carries my bridal style instead of putting me into my wheelchair which Niall gets in and begs Harry to push him in. Reluctantly Harry says yes and we leave. We take the very long way out to the back where we are greeted by many body guards. We hope into their tour bus and start out our drive back to their hotel.