Chapter 8: End-Term

*Y/n POV*

Oh dear God.

We're screwed.

Let me back up a bit. I was in the library in the main campus, one of the rare times I came down here, and I was getting some textbooks for Koro-sensei. I had heard familiar voices, some of my students, speaking to someone else. I walked around the shelf between us and saw my students arguing with some students I recognized as four of the five virtuosos. Then I heard them make a bet and all of a sudden, my students were holding pencils to their necks.

"Congratulations, dumbasses." I said as I came out of the shelves.

"Y/n!" They all said, turning to me.

"You guys know you'll have to study twice as hard, no breaks."

"We know but-"

"No, no buts." I cut Nagisa off, "If a true assassin makes a bet, he sticks with it and deals with the consequences, good or bad." I sighed. "Now  if you'll excuse me, I'm pretty sure Koro-sensei is going to need help on this one."

I walked away, out of the library and back to our campus.

"Y/n, did you get those textbooks for me?" Koro-sensei asked as I entered the teacher's room.

"Yes, but I overheard some interesting things too."

"Hmm, whats that?"

"Eh, you'll learn eventually, but it involves Class E versus the Five Virtuosos."

"Hmm, interesting." Was all he said before getting to work, as I left the room and my cellphone went off. I  opened it and saw, oh god, Number 9.

Since you probably don't know, Number 9 is my contractor, he gives me my jobs. We've never met in real life, but the partnership works for both of us. I pick up the call and heard this, "Listen up Fate, I've got a big one."

"I'm listening."

"CEO of ASCII Media Works. Apparently my clients been getting some bad press and wants to send a message."

"Sounds like good pay."

"Yeah it is, but here's the bad thing."

"I knew it was too good to be true."

"Yeah, the problem is, this guy's always got a security detail on him, and his house is basically impenetrable. I know you hate it, but you're gonna have to work with someone."

"...I know someone."

"That's it? No complaining?"

"Not much I can do, no matter how much I hate working with people."

"Okay, I'll wire you the money, just get the job done."

"Cool, see ya."

I hung up and began walking down to the parking lot, intent on finding the person I mentioned on the phone. Luckily for me, she was walking up the hill right now.

"Irina, you busy tonight?"

"Why do you ask, Y/n?"

"I got a  job and I'll have to work with a partner for this one."

"Fine, but I get 60%."

"40."

"50 even."

"Good for-"

"And you take me to dinner."

I sighed, "Alright, fine."

We shook hands, making our deal official.

[Timeskip to dinner, yeah, screw writing about the assassination, just know you looked fly as hell]

"Reservations under Akabane." I said to the host.

I was wearing a black suit jacket, with a white button up underneath it. Irina was wearing a tight red dress, which, if I'm honest, accentuated her...curves.

"Ah yes, right this way Mr.Akabane." The host said, taking us to our table.

We sat down and began looking at the menus, picking our appetizers

[Timeskip, because I really don't wanna write an entire dinner scene.]

We left the restaurant, with Irina drunk and me slightly intoxicated. I was carrying a bag, with a steak in it for Red. Suddenly Irina wrapped her arm around mine.

"Irina, what are you doing?"

"Isn't it proper for a gentleman to lead a lady?"

"Eh, sure."

We kept walking in comfortable silence, until she spoke again.

"We should do this again."

"Yes, we should."

"So, are we a thing now or...?"

I was slightly confused, "What do you mean by 'thing'?"

"I mean, like, a couple."

"Do you want to be a couple?"

"Yes."

"Then we're a couple."

"Good." She said, and kissed me on the cheek before leaving, "Goodnight, Y/n."

"Goodnight, Irina."

With that I went back to my car, got in, and drove home, giving Red his steak and going to bed.