Epilogue

3 years later

Olivia’s P.O.V

I walked into my room and found a note on my bed. I recognized the handwriting instantaneously. It was written in my fiance’s handwriting. Yep. you read that right. Armin proposed to me on our 2 year anniversary.

It was really sweet and adorable. He took me to one of the nicer restaurants in town and we had dinner. Afterwards, we snuck into the stables and went for a midnight horse ride. We didn’t come back until about 1 in the morning. Levi almost caught us, but we managed to hide before he saw anything. At least, I didn’t think he saw anything.

Armin’s note said:

Meet me on top of the hill where we had our first date in an hour. I have a surprise for you.-Armin

What could it possibly be? Maybe it was a surprise date or maybe he had a present for me. I guess I’ll have to wait for an hour to find out.

I decided to start getting ready now. I know I have an entire hour, but I take really long showers. They usually somewhere between 30-45 minutes. I know, I know. I’m wasting water or whatever. But I don’t care! I love taking long showers! Levi, Irwin and Hanje used to constantly be on my back about it, but after a while, they just gave up.

Time Skip til after the shower

Once I got out of the shower, I went over to my bed where I had left my clothes out. I decided to wear a dark green, long sleeved shirt with black pants and matching black flats. And since it was a little chilly outside, I wore my only leather jacket. Everyone is always asking me how it is that I don’t get cold since it’s leather, but what they don’t know is that I put some wool on the inside of the jacket.

After I put on my clothes, I looked at the clock on the wall and noticed that it was time to go. I ran out of my room and went to the hill.

Armin’s P.O.V

I waited patiently under the tree where we had had our first date. There was a box next to my feet. I hoped Livie liked my surprise.

“Ugh, when is she gonna get here? I’m bored.” said Eren.

“Be patient, Eren. I told her to meet me here in an hour and I don’t know how long ago she read the note.”

“Wait, you told her to meet you here? You didn’t tell her I was going to be here?”

“No.” Eren glared at me. “Don’t look at me like that! It slipped my mind when I was writing the note!”

Before I could continue arguing with my future brother-in-law, I saw what I thought was an angel. I swear, everytime I see Olivia, it’s like I’m falling in love all over again. I was pulled from my thoughts when she walked in front of me.

“Wait, what’s Eren doing here?” she asked me.

“He insisted on being here. Something about wanting to see your reaction.” she gave me weird look and I told her that she would just have to wait and see. That’s when she saw the box that was near my feet.

“Is that what you wanted to show me?” she asked.

“Yep.” I handed it to her. “Open it. I’m pretty sure you won’t be expecting it.”

Olivia’s P.O.V.

I looked skeptically at the box, but decided to open it. Armin was right. I definitely didn’t expect what was inside it. When I opened the box, I recognized it immediately. It was my mother’s wedding dress. And judging from the color, it had been washed.

I didn’t know what to say. I was speechless. I couldn’t believe it. I thought everything from Shiganshina had been destroyed when the Colossal Titan had attacked. I don’t even know how it was possible for me to be holding this right now.

I put the dress carefully into the box and jumped on top of Armin. And I started crying. I couldn’t help it. I was just so happy.

“Woah, what’s wrong? I thought this would make you happy? Why are you crying?” I heard Eren say.

I giggled a little and wiped away the tears. “I am happy. These are tears of joy, you idiot. BUt how did you do it? I thought everything was destroyed?”

My curiosity was killing me. I had to know how it was possible for me to be holding my mother’s wedding dress right now.

“We had some help.” answered Armin. “Remember a few months ago, when we were gone for a few days?”

I nodded my head. When they had told me that they were leaving and that I couldn’t come, I was so mad. They never took me anywhere and I really wanted to go. But Armin made me promise that I would stay put and that I would wait patiently. So I did.

“Well, we went back with Levi and didn’t stop looking for the dress until we found it. It was in a an old chest that was buried underground. The chest was destroyed, but all of the stuff that was inside it was just covered in dust. So we brought the dress back here and had it washed. And voila. It was good as new.”

I listened as Armin explained to me. It was the sweetest thing he had ever done for me. “But how did you even know about the dress in the first place?” If I recalled correctly, I had never mentioned it to Armin.

“That’s easy. I asked Eren if there was anything that would make our wedding even better and he said that when you were kids, you were always talking about how you wanted to get married in your mom’s dress.”

I looked over at Eren. “I thought you said you weren’t paying attention when Mom and I were having our girl talks.”

He nervously scratched the back of his neck. “Those talks were kind of hard to ignore when you two were standing right next to me.” Ok, he’s got a point.

I hugged both of them. “Thank you. I love you guys.” I said as I pulled away from the hug.

“We know.” they said at the same time. I laughed. “Yea, but now I love you both even more.”

“But who do you love more, me or Armin?” asked Eren. Seriously? Is he really asking me that?

“You know I can’t answer that. It’s like asking a mother who her favorite child is. I love you both equally.” I said as we walked towards the Survey Corps building.

A lot of things had happened to me in the past few years. I lost my mother, my home and I had seen a lot of things that I can do without. But I wouldn’t change any of it for the world.

The End

Word Count: 1, 169