Recruits

But things've changed, suddenly..

===

Your names?"

No reply.

"Did you receive any military training by chance?"

No reply.

"Where did you get the gear?"

Still no reply, at all.

Erwin sighed and glared at Mike. Mike nodded and grabbed the man's raven-locks of hair and forcefully slammed it into a dirty puddle of murky sewer water. The two fellows that accompany the man reacted in a menacing manner. "Levi-bro!!" A pigtailed girl screamed and shot a sharp glare at the blonde man who ordered Mike to do such a thing.

"Say.. Erwin.. Who are these three little pigs?" (F/N) yelled as she landed on the ground gracefully as the sound of her gear settles. Soon teased as she knelt down in-front of a raven-haired man along with a dirty-blonde haired man and a maroon-haired girl in pigtails

I swore, I heard all of them growl so low.

"(F/N)..? I thought Commander ordered you to stay back at Headquarters-" (F/N) silenced Erwin as she raised a hand up in the air without making any eye contact towards him. "I sneaked out of that damn office, And do address me as Corporal in the moment. There are lower ranks here." She said as she took out a towel and threw it over the raven-haired man's head.

"Mike, I'm aware that you have gone too far with this man." (F/N) took a sigh as she looked at Mike. "Squad leader's orders, I guess." Mike just shrugging off his shoulders. (F/N) placed a hand on top of the towel on the raven-haired man and started rubbing it on the dirty hair. "Pfft. Don't mind that sniffing freak. You think he deserves to have the title 'Humanity's Strongest', Does he not?" (F/N) snickered and finally stopped the rubbing as she let the dirtied towel sit on the man's head. "Don't. touch me." The man finally spoke in a hoarse, low voice in a deadpan. A glint of light flashed in (F/N)'s eyes and smirked lowly. "Oh? At least thank me that I'm making your appearance less... unpresentable." (F/N) then stood up and brushed off some dust on her thighs.

"Y'see, I'm just here to make everything that makes me feel it's secure. Plus, I'm here to wander, Can't you soldiers just get a break? You go do whatever business you're sweating on. See you back at headquarters." (F/N) waved without looking at any of their eyes as she walks away from the scene.

That man in the middle, Caught my whole attention. By just reading his eyes like a news flyer stuck onto a brick wall, you could already tell how much power he's got up on his sleeves. Even for a man so short, too.

(F/N) grappled her gear to a rooftop and soon sat on it as she arrived.

She picked up a stone that was beside her and started juggling with it. "Those thugs must be strong. Such luck on how they caught them." She took a sigh.

"Something bothering you, Corporal (F/N)?" A feminine voice from a distance rang. (F/N) chuckled and closed her eyes. "We're alone, Nanaba. Drop the formalities." She said in monotone. Footsteps on the roof's tiles clank against the rough sole of her boots as she approaches (F/N).

"So those thugs Erwin caught were the ones he was talking about?" She asked as she looks around. (F/N) took a shuffle, nodding. "Yes, Those thugs are to be in an assassination, I believe." She stated. "...They sure will regret what they'll do. What are they even thinking? Assassinating Erwin? What a thirst." She added, chuckling lightly.

"I know this, (F/N). But we have to put faith in him. Y'know he'll never fail us, right?" Nanaba said. "Hmph. Sure." (F/N) replied, with a pinch of sarcasm. Nanaba sighed with a smile and smirked as she found a topic to talk about to her beloved corporal. "Hmm... (F/N)? Do you have a crush on.." She giggled before mentioning a name. "E-R-W-I-N," She spelled out. "Am I right?" Her smirk grew.

I swear to the gods of the walls, I can maul her like a wild bear right here; right now.

(F/N) sighed and said, "I'm starting to think you're worse than Hanji." She sighed.

~~~

"This is the gear that the three thugs used." One of (F/N)'s squad member said as he sets down the confiscated gear from the three secretive thugs that were captured from the Underground District. (F/N) walked towards the gear that's set on the wooden table in-front of her and looked closely. "Hmph. This is most likely the military's gear, alright.." She sighed as she straightened her back. "I believe it is stolen from some cast-away soldiers, And sold it to the black market," She scratched her chin. "Without the Military Police suspecting it? Not even anyone who reported it to them?" A female squad member of hers questioned in complaint.

"Well what do you expect, cadet? It's the Underground. You know what shitty minds and plots they cook up in there." (F/N) commented with a scowl.

"After all, these thugs we let set foot into the quarters are tasked to be assassins; Just as what Squad Leader Erwin expected and intended." (F/N) stated.

"Corporal, What were commander's orders if they pursuit this task today?" A man asked. "Hm. Clearly sure they won't do it today. There is an expedition that's coming in a few days, I guess that'd be the correct time for them to fire." She concluded.

Everyone in the room nodded. "In fact, Commander Keith has already given out orders to us; Let things be." The confident corporal smirked. "Okay, dismissed." She said with a sigh and everyone left the room silently.

(F/N) ran her hands through her hair and looked at the gear.

(F/N) scoffed and muttered, "Tch! Whatever..!" With that, she stormed off the room and locks the door.