Revealing

Oh, where is my lover?

===

It's pretty alone here. Just me and my office. (F/N) seemed to be busy as well, especially an expedition is coming tomorrow. A quick knock came at my door, must be a cadet. "Come in." I pleaded, and the door opened slowly to reveal...

"Nile?!" I widened my eyes, startled.

"Yo, Erwin." He waved frankly as he walks in and closes the door behind him. It's good to see him looking okay as always with that MP uniform. "What are you doing in here?" I asked, still confused. "I don't know. Mike came across me and then directed me here, he said it's something important." Nile shrugged, still unaware of what's happening. "Well, guess what; I don't know what's going on either." A small drop of sweat ran down my cheek. "Huh. Sucks to hear." Nile loosened up his shoulders, moving to a far left to get to my couch. "I wonder why." Nile hummed, I nodded after as I start to unpack a tied stack of papers.

And then, the awkward silence rises. i coughed as I try to start up a conversation, waiting for what's gonna happen next.

"So. How's you and Marie? Catching up to her or..?" I asked lightly, a small smirk about to bloom from my face. "Oh. I've got great news." Nile grinned, looks like he's about to tease me.

"We. are. a. thing. now." He said, proudly.

I blinked twice, "That's fast." I commented. "Look's like I beat you to it." He laughed. "How about you? I guess you can take Hanji or (F/N). Unless you're gay, I can probably accept it." He smirked, mockingly. Clearly this doesn't affect me,, at all.

"I have other plans, thanks." I deadpanned, unfazed by it. Nile chuckled after, "I mean.. Erwin. Can I ask you something personal?" He asked. "Uh.. Sure?" I responded, wondering what his question is. "You have some sort of connection going on with (F/N). I don't know, but I feel something." He said, looking at me suspiciously. "Nile... what??" I asked. puzzled. "Erwin.. there's no need to hide it." He winked as he smirked.

"I still don't know what you're talking about.. Honestly." I sighed, scratching my head as I squint my eyes. "Okay then." Nile accepted me, just for today. Once again, the room goes silent again. Until someone bursts through the door.

"Mike? What's going on??" I asked as I see Mike pushing Hanji in my office as well. "Hey!! We're not done!! You dog!!!- Hey!" Hanji did all the stomping and yelling as Mike ignores her and shuts the door once again. Hanji sighed and growled until she saw us.

"Oh, Erwin and Nile!!" She laughed awkwardly as she said, embarrassed. "I guess you're on the same boat as us.." Nile hummed, Hanji sighing, approaching us as she pulled a chair in-front of my desk to her and sat in our sight. "It's kinda odd." I said, two pairs of eyes looked at me.

"Slowly, (F/N) hasn't been keeping up to our activities lately. She spends most of her time in the office." I pondered as I said. "Hah? She's a corporal. She gets the job done." Hanji replied, in a somewhat tone of protest. "Even Commander Keith goes out of his office after he gets the paperwork finished." I said, blinked twice as I think deep.

"I don't know. It's probably an (L/N) habit in the family." Nile blew a raspberry. Once again, the room went silent once more. The door opened once again. This time, it happened to be (F/N) walking in calmly. All of our eyes were on her. (F/N) shifted as she took a deep breath. Then, Mike followed.

"So. Mike brought you all here because I have something to say." She said, a stern voice echoing through the room. All eyes and ears were on her. "Well, You can tell us now." Nile said, he sounded very serious. Mike looked at (F/N) as she nods slowly.

"I'm.. suffering from a disease." She looked away from us. "It's gone really bad." She avoided our gazes at her as we slowly take it in.

I felt like my world stopped. I looked at Hanji and Nile, Their eyes were as wide as saucers. Mike leaning on my office door, his ash-blonde hair covering his eyes. "Is that the reason why you've been in so much absence lately?" Hanji frowned, her voice as timid as a blooming flower. (F/N) nodded slowly, her gaze still not locking onto us.

"It's tuberculosis, the medicine for it is so rare to find.. It's gonna take miles to get to atleast one." Mike frowning.

I just remained silent. "I don't know if I can hold my position as a corporal in the corp." (F/N) said, later coughing slightly.

Is she holding it in?

"(F/N), you should stop working here.. Prioritize your health." I said, a voice that had their heads nodding at her. "I can't. There's nowhere to go." She said, her eyes looking at mine. They were just clouded in sorrow that I couldn't see the color of those beautiful eyes. "What do you mean?" I asked, my eyebrows falling into a drooped expression.

"Because I—, ...I just can't." She looked down gritting her teeth, her hands grip into fists. "I guess that's all there is to know, I'll be taking my leave. Nile, you go back to your post. You're a few branches from us." She said, saying like nothing wrong is happening to her. Mike then moved aside as he was just right behind the door.

All of us were dead silent as she clicked the door to open. As she was just about to step out of my office, She abruptly started coughing, dropping herself to the ground. "(F/N)!!!" All of called out in worry and immediately approached her. She couldn't stop, blood started to seep from the hand that covered her mouth, and dropping to the cold wooden floor.

(F/N), hang in there..!!