Chapter 9: Tongue Tied

-.-

People kept showing up, people we didn't even invite! Someone even brought alcohol although I'm not complaining too much. I know I'm underage but it helps calm my nerves and socialize better. I walked past the crowd of people and into the kitchen to grab a drink. I sipped it little by little, not wanting to get intoxicated in the slightest bit.

"(Y/N)! What are you doing?" (Y/bff) called out to me as they rushed over.

"I know, I know. But hey, I need more friends than just you, Finn, and Josh. This helps me loosen up and make those new friends." I negotiated with a sly smirk on my face.

"You know you just got off probation right?"

(Yes kids can be on probation surprisingly)

"Yes, which means I'm free. Hey, where's Finn?" I asked.

"Not telling you until you give me that cup."

I smirked and winked as I downed the rest of the liquid and handed them the now empty cup. They glared at me as I wiped my mouth.

"Outside, I think he was looking for you too. Something about karaoke."

"Thanks! Love ya!" I said, I blew them a kiss.

I walked outside and saw Finn talking to some guy. I approached him and ruffled his hair.

"Hey, I've been looking for you! Now, what song do you want to sing with me later?" Finn asked.

"How about Tongue Tied by Grouplove?" I suggested.

(Idk if this song had come out yet but idc lol)

"Sure! I'll make sure to write our names on the list." Finn said as he grabbed the list.

I turned to the guy and saw him holding a blunt.

Finn's POV (oooo)

As I wrote our names down on the list, I smelled something weird. I looked for the source of the smell and saw (y/n) smoking a blunt with some guy. I sighed angrily and walked over to her. I snatched the blunt out of her hand and gave her a look of disbelief.

"Hey! We were sharing that." the guy said to me.

"Yeah, well she just got off of probation. If you want to smoke so badly dude then leave. And you, we need to talk." I said in an annoyed tone.

"See you later Ike." (Y/n) said.

He scoffed at me and left while still smoking. I turned back around and saw that (y/n) had disappeared.

"I take my eyes off of her for one minute."

I decided to let it slide for tonight and continued talking to my friends. We were going to be up next for karaoke in a few minutes. I cut my conversation short and headed to where I knew she was. I went inside and made my way to my basement. The smell of dust and moth balls hit my nose as soon as I opened the door. There she was, just sitting there while reading one of my comic books I no longer wanted.

"Why do you like it so much down here? It f*cking reeks." I joked.

She looked up at me and directed her attention back to the comic book in her hands. I walked over to her and sat beside her.

"Why'd you do that?" she asked out of no where.

"Do you really want to start doing that crap again?"

"I don't know, it helps I guess." she slurred a bit.

"Did you drink too? Jesus (y/n). You know you're a lightweight." I stated.

She then started laughing uncontrollably and smacking my arm lightly.

"You're so f*cking cute when you worry about me." (Y/n) said.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I blushed and then remembered we were up next for karaoke. I got up and tried hauling her up off the floor.

"C'mon (y/n) we're up next. Let's go!" I said.

We got up on the elevated part of the lawn and grabbed our microphones. She kept staring at me and giggling. Then the song began...

Time skip whoop

Everyone cheered as we put our microphones back on the stands. We were the last ones to go up for karaoke which meant the party was finally over. We decided to clean up in the morning before my parents got back home. Everyone began leaving, all those except (y/n). She was going to stay the night.

We entered my house and went upstairs to my room. I got into bed and turned some music on. (Y/n) got into bed with me and faced me with her head propped up on the palm of her hand. I did the same and smiled.

"I had fun tonight (y/n). Thanks for convincing me to-"

"It's not over yet, Wolfhard. Please tell me what you and Nick spoke about that made you so upset last Saturday."

I sighed and sat up, leaning on the bed frame behind me. She did the same and waited for my answer. She won't remember this by tomorrow. She's out of it right now.

"I found out why I couldn't break up with Mariah. Her family made a deal with mine ever since they found out I was going to star in IT. I couldn't break up with her because they wanted to gain more power or whatever. I have to get back together with her by Monday."

I sighed, "The thing is though, I like someone. A lot, I can't seem to keep my mind off of her." I said.

"Tell me who it is Finn. Please." she practically begged.

She won't remember anything by tomorrow

(Y/n) POV

"Her name is (y/f/n). She has the greatest personality in the world. Her smile can brighten my whole day. She has the eyes of an angel and her looks can kill. We've been friends for a long time. I've loved her from the day we met. I loved you then and I love you now." Finn said as he inches closer to me.

I giggled and smiled at him as I kept eye contact.
"Finn Wolfhard, you're making me tongue tied."

I began closing the distance between us, stopping when our lips were millimeters apart. I can't help but connect our lips. It only lasted a few seconds, seeing as this was our first kiss. We parted and smiled widely.

"I loved you then and I love you now." I quoted back to him.

A/N: WOOO you guys' first kiss! Congrats on that btw this chapter was heavily influenced by the song lol