Chapter 12: Who Said?

-.-

I woke up and got ready for school. I put my essentials in my backpack for later and headed to school on my skateboard. I was going to stay at Finn's tonight. Yesterday was okay, there were some awkward parts to the day but it was fine.

I hopped off my skateboard and sat down on the steps in front of the school. I got here a bit early. I decided to wait on Finn, it's not so hot today. It's the perfect temperature to be outside all day. After about ten minutes, Finn showed up and sat beside me.

"You're here early. Trying to scope out some potential boyfriends?" Finn joked.

"Not here, everybody is either too full of themselves or not my type."

"I couldn't agree with you more." Finn rolled his eyes.

I nudged him with my elbow. "Here comes your arranged girlfriend." I said, pointing towards Mariah.

He sighed exaggeratedly and got up when he saw her running towards him. He put on a fake smile and waved. She pulled him into a big hug and squealed. She hasn't seen him since he left either.

"I missed you so much!"

"Yeah, me too." he said dryly.

I can't help but feel jealous. I know there's nothing there but I can't control it. I got up and began walking into the school as my class was upstairs and the bell was about to ring. The sight of them together made me feel sick to my stomach. Hearing Mariah ramble on about him in first period didn't help either.

I just wish he didn't have to be with her.

-.-

Walking over to our table, I saw Mariah sitting beside an uncomfortable looking Josh. As soon as we sat down, Josh let out a sigh of relief.

"Why?" I mouthed at him while pointing at her discreetly.

He shrugged and rolled his eyes at her.

"Hey, (y/n). Mind trading seats with me? I want to sit by Finn." Mariah said to me.

"I guess so."

I traded seats with her and sat beside Josh. Finn's face has annoyed written all over it.

"Sorry." I mouthed at him.

She scooted real close to him and hugged his arm while laying her head on his shoulder. She smiled as she looked at me maliciously.

I wouldn't be smiling like that if I was her

"So Finn. Do you want to come over to my house after school?" Mariah asked.

"I can't, sorry."

"Why not?"

I cut Finn off, "Because we have plans, sorry Mariah." I said with a smirk on my face. I could see Josh trying not to laugh his a*s off in the corner of my eye.

"Uh...Yeah." Finn awkwardly answered.

"You guys hang out all the time, can't you just hang out another day?"

Finn looked over at me expecting me to make up an excuse. Josh came to the rescue though.

"Actually, um the three of us were going to go play laser tag and we already finalized our time so...."