Chapter 14: Genius Boy

-.-
Y/N POV

It's been two days since Finn and I kissed. I couldn't believe it happened. We haven't spoken about it, I feel we're too afraid to ruin anything. We didn't talk about it at lunch or after school. Finn, Josh, (y/bff), and I are going to the beach in a bit.

"You know that joke Josh made at lunch on Tuesday?" I mentioned to (y/bff).

"Yeah, why?"

"Well...Finn and I took it seriously." I said cautiously.

(Y/bff) stopped fixing their hair and whipped around with their mouth hanging open.

"You guys kissed?!"

I nodded and smiled. They gasped and sat down beside me.

"How was it?"

"It was good you know." I said nonchalantly.

"Don't try and front like you didn't love it (y/n). I know you enough to know you were freaking out on the inside."

They read me like an open book.

I laughed and shook my head.
"If we want to get there on time we should get going. Also please don't tell anyone it happened because they could go and tell Mariah."

"My lips are sealed."

-.-
What you wore:

When we got there, the boys were already there

When we got there, the boys were already there. They had set up at a table which was covered with snacks. I ran over when I spotted a pizza box. I opened it and saw there was pineapple on it.

"Gross." I said as I closed the box.

"Who's idea was it to get Hawaiian?" (Y/bff) said.

"Josh."

We all looked over at him as he took a big bite of the pizza.
"Pizza is pizza." he shrugged.

After we finished eating, we just sat and listened to music.
"You know what, I don't care about cramps. I'll go into that ocean right now." I said as I took off my cover up and shades.

I saw Finn's eyes widen as he looked at me. I averted my eyes away and pretended it didn't affect me.

"Anyone?" I asked them.

They shrugged and began walking toward the ocean. All but Finn.
"You coming or not?" Josh asked.

"We'll be there in a bit." I answered.

I sat down beside Finn and ruffled his hair. He laughed and pushed my hand away.
"Whats wrong?"

"Nothing." he bit his lip.

"Seriously? So you're being quiet for no reason whatsoever? Okay...whatever you say." I said with a sly smile on my face. This did nothing. I sighed, "Anything I can do to make you happy?"

He smiled and shrugged.
"You're thinking of something. I can tell."

"Another lesson?" he suggested.

Act calm act natural don't freak out.

I laughed and nodded. We leaned in and kissed for about three seconds.

"Now let's go. We don't want to keep them waiting." I said as I pulled him up.

-.-

Finn's POV

It's been two days and we haven't mentioned the kiss at all. But that doesn't mean it wasn't on my mind 24/7. I really just wanted it to happen again. She looked so good in that bathing suit. I couldn't help but admire her. In the non creepy way of course. I have a plan.

"Another lesson?" I suggested.

She laughed and nodded. Although short, the kiss was amazing.

"Now let's go. We don't want to keep them waiting." she said as she pulled me up.

After swimming for about two hours, we decided to go play mini golf. We decided to play two rounds, thirty holes in total. Josh and (y/bff) were team one and (y/n) and I were team two.

"You suck at this game (y/bff)." (Y/n) commented.

"So do you." I added, earning a light punch on the shoulder.

"We're screwed. They're going to make us lose." Josh commented.

Just as we suspected, both (y/n) and (y/bff) missed the ball a few times. They didn't even make it on some. Josh and I did this all the time so we were real good at mini golf. (Y/n) and I came up with a plan to distract them as soon as they were going to hit the ball.

"AAHHH!" I yelled.

Josh flinched and swung at the ball with full force. He ended up making it anyways. He dropped his golf club and threw his hands up victoriously. (Y/n) and I groaned and rolled our eyes.

"Can't make the king lose, b*tches."

-.-

Josh and (y/bff) left us and we just strolled the beach for a bit. The sun was already down, it wasn't too dark though because of the lights. I then remembered something.

"What are you doing?"

"You'll see." I said as I rummaged through my backpack. I pulled out two sparklers and a lighter.

"You are a genius." she said as she began to light the sparkler.

After chasing each other with the sparklers, (y/n) pulled her phone out. She took a picture of our hands holding up the sparklers.

"Instagram worthy." I said.

(Your insta username): @ finnwolfhardofficial genius boy 🎇💡

Once we got home, we layed down on my bed. We were exhausted from all the swimming and running we did. I brushed my teeth and exited the bathroom to see (y/n) taking her hair down. She really is beautiful.

"I'm beat man." (Y/n) said, yawning after.

"Me too." I said as I got into bed.

I turned my lamp off and turned over. I could still see her in the dark.
"What?" (Y/n) laughed lightly.

"Quick lesson before we go to sleep? We wouldn't want you to forget over night." I said while blushing hardcore. Thank God she can't see me.

"No we wouldn't." she said.

The kiss was short like always, unfortunately. However, I was content with it because at least I get to kiss her.

"Goodnight Finn." she whispered sweetly.

"Goodnight (y/n)."