7)

I laid on the cold hard floor in my room as I try to hide away the dark bruises that I got not too long ago. My arms were red fro the extra beating just now but the old ones weren't healed yet either. I held in my breath as I try to treat my wounds but neither of the pain would disappear. What did I do to deserve this kind of life? I glance at my phone and debating if I should talk to Jisung or Chan to get my mind off of this pain I was feeling but I decided not to afraid that it might just hurt them if they find out about this. I don't need their pity. I can help myself. 

Someone knock on my door and I open it without saying a word. My father handed me a small container. "Use this and put it on the wound. It'll help heal and ease the pain in the next few day. It'll heal in no time." He hesitate the moment I grabbed onto it. Guilt was written all over his face but I didn't say anything. I love my father. Even if he couldn't save me, he at least wasn't part of the beating in which I'm glad. He wasn't part of my suffering. What can he do to help me to begin with? The only thing he could give me now is his love before I choose my own road. 

Smiling to him one last time before I close my room door, he spoke up regretfully, "I'm sorry." Tears welled up in his eyes but I couldn't say anything back. He knows my current situation and let it go. I wave him bye before going back inside. I cover my wound up with the ointment that he gave me. Once I was done, I walk over to my desk and write in my diary. A journal where I put my words into. I can't talk so mind as well write it down. 

***

"Hey, Y/N, wake up." I heard a voice called me. "Y/N, if you don't wake up I'll tell people about you're singing voice." That voice I knew it from anywhere. I perk my head up immediately and he was smirking. I eyed him in annoyance. "What's up?" He lean his head on my desk and I sigh. I was tired after all the beating and writing from last night. I wish I could tell him but right now I just don't feel like doing anything. Grabbing onto my hands lightly, he observe my face expression, trying to find an answer. "You look more pale than yesterday." He mutters. His eye's hold anger in them and I hesitantly take my hand back but he held onto them tightly not wanting to let go. "Did we get you in trouble yesterday?" He finally question me the one thing I didn't want to hear from him. Looking away from his eyes he knew it right away. He clenched his teeth tight. "I can't stand this. You're my best friend yet I can't even set you free for a little bit of fun." He sighs sadly. I didn't want him to feel this kind of way so I smile like I always do. 

Taking out my phone I wrote to him, "I'm good. I'm fine how I am. Don't worry I didn't get any beatings. Maybe some yelling but that's all to it." I lied to him hoping that he will fall for it. He seems to buy it but his actions say so otherwise because the moment that Sohye walked over to our side, he sent her a death glare already. "Jisungie~ Can we talk for a bit?" She batted her eyes and glare at me from the corner of her eyes. Little did she know, Jisung was holding in his anger. Stadning up with a playboy smirk he follow her out. I pull his arm and he look back to me. I shook my head no but he just smiles to reassure me that it's all good. I didn't think so but he left anyway with that smirk that says trouble. 

After a few long while they walk back in. She was laughing and smiling with him. Seems like it went alright. What did he do this time? What's he planning this time? He walk over to me and in her eyes I could sense some tint of burning hatred in them the moment he walk back to my side. "Curious or no?" He ask simply. I stare at him in disbelief and he roll his eyes. "Well? Anyway, I didn't do what you didn't want me to do so I played it off coolly. Reality I just want to choke her to death. Not in that way but you know what I meant. She told me that you were her step sister in which I knew already. She said that you just want attention so you kept quiet. She's so fake." He mutters the last part. I look back to him and he revert his eyes back to me and smile kindly. "Don't worry, I'll be sure to keep you safe and most importantly happy. I won't do anything that you don't like. I promise you that." He ruffles my hair in a playful way. I swat his hand away and he pouted. 

He lean his face close to mine and take my hands close to his face in a friendly gesture. I blush at his touch. He take in a deep breath and whispers to me. "Promise me you won't ever lie to me." I was lost for words. He kept that same smile on his face. "Whether you can talk or not I just want to help you and make you smile. Therefore, you better not be lying about everything you've told me, okay?" He put up his pinky and I linked mine with it cautiously thinking. He adds in, "I'm not pitying you. I'm helping you and giving you what you deserve. I trust you, Y/N." He said lastly before walking out. The bell has rang and before I knew it, an angry Sohye was standing in front of me. I was still frozen at his sudden words. What is he thinking of this time? What does he mean? 'I don't deserve anything that he gives.' I thought to myself. I look up and our eyes met. Her eyes pierces into mine. I was just about to leave her alone and ignore her existence but it doesn't seem so to her because the next thing I realize it a hard impact was flung across my face. She walked out satisfied on what she's done. Someone came in and rush to my side, "Y/N!" He caress my cheek with care. It wasn't Jisung who came to me but a friend of his. If only it was him, I would surely let it all out. 

---

Here's your update for tonight! 

Who do you think it was that came to her side?

There's one out of eight people that it could be. Not including Jisung. 

Being a mute sucks a lot. What's going to happen to the promise?

What did Sohye tell him? Jisung say that he trust her but does she fully trust him too?

He barely knew her yet he seems to close to her already.

See you soon~ ;)