8)

Seungmin came to my side, worried sick. His eyebrows furrow. I held onto my burning cheek and stood up. "Why did she do that?" He ask me seriously. I smile and try to walk away from him but he didn't let me. "I'm sure you know why but you just won't say it. Tell me, Y/N. What's wrong?" He ask me again with a slow steady breathing. I wasn't looking into his eyes. Taking out my note pad that I have in my bag I wrote down, "She's my step sister."  That's all I wrote before walking away from him. He wanted to say something but I didn't let him. 

***

Fastening my pace I make my way to the rooftop not wanting to let any of them see me. I let it all out silently alone here as the soft breeze blow pass me. The bell rang after a few minutes indicating that it was time for class to start. 

I open my phone and try to look for some things online to do while I waited for this class period to pass. Though times seems to be slowing down as I'm not spending my time in the classroom doing work. Aching to throw my phone out into the opening I fall back onto my knees and sigh. 'This isn't the end Y/N. It was just a slap. no one knows for sure about what you've been through so you shouldn't get beat down by a slap. You've been through more than this. Stand up.' I told myself sternly. Standing back onto my feet I wipe away the dry tears off of my face and make myself presentable. 

My phone starts to rang and I look at the callers name. 'Why is he calling me now?' I hesistated about whether I should pick up or not. Reluctantly I slide, accept. 

"Where are you?" His voice was quiet and calm. Seungmin must've told him. I couldn't say anything back so why did he decided to call me? He sounded as if he's been running. "Y/N, don't act like you're weak. I know you're stronger than that." His voice soften at the last sentence he said to me through the phone. I nodded my head and tried my best not to make it noticeable that I was crying just now. 

He sighs in relief and then that's when I heard the roof door open. He hung up on me and engulf me into a hug. "I'm sorry that I left without making sure that she wasn't going to do anything." He said to me. I didn't move from him. I needed his warmth. I just nodded my head again and he sighs. "Let's go somewhere more relaxing. I know just the thing to make you smile." Taking me with him, he leads us back into the building and we ran through the hallway. No one was in sight and so we took this chance to skip class together. 

I didn't know where we were going but just as we were in the music hallway, I knew what he was doing. He smiles before pushing me in there. He turned on the monitor and starts to plug in a few devices. I just stood there utterly shock at what he was going to do. He pull me and make me stand in front of the microphone. I turn back to look at him but he just kept that same positive smile on his face. "Sing out your emotions. No one's here to see neither are they listening. It's just you and me." He whispers to me calmly. I wasn't so sure of this. I check the recording button. It wasn't on. I decided to take this chance before he could record me. "You don't have to. I just thought that maybe you might want to sing to let out your stress." 

He walk back and sat down in the rolling chair across from me. I avoided eye contact with him. Somehow, the affections and warmth that he's given me was making my heart beat at weird times. He waited patiently for me and I type down on my phone. "Can you give me song?" He smiles. 

He must be hyped that I'm going to sing in front of him. He clicked a song as it plays he looks back to me, thumbs up. "Remember, you don't have to. I'm here to help you release your stress and," He grab my hand, laying it on his chest. Slowly, it's as if times stopped right there. "To save you." At that moment, like I said before I could feel my heart skip a beat. 

He clicks play and nodded his head for me to go ahead. This was one of the song that I heard him singing not too long ago.

Don't know any other way
Only looked at one place for a long time

In a way, I liked the attention he's put on me when I'm singing. Is this how it feels like to be singing out or is it just me? It's just one person so maybe it's just me.   

So where do you want me to go?

Do I sound horrible? Maybe but he's here to listen and help me in any ways he could. He wants to save me he said but why do I feel like it's just me whose holding onto him? Drifting into my own thoughts and ready to sing the next line, an image pops up into my head. 

A group of girls holding a knife, threatening me if I don't stop singing. Then I see my father, protecting me yet just like every other people in the world, he wanted me to stop singing. My mother's lifeless body appeared next into my mind. Her voice was hoarse as she reach out to hold me. 

Lastly, a girl my age came up to me, she was my old friend in which I loved with all my heart. A sister that I care for. "Why are you crying? You shouldn't be screaming nor crying when you're the one being adored by every one else in your surroundings. You have a voice so why hide it? You have everything so why would you keep singing when you should really keep it to yourself?" She backs away and smirks, "If you keep showing off the you're going to end up hurting yourself." Those were the very last words she said to me before she turned her back against me. That day I knew, it's best to keep things to yourself. No one cares for you, they just want your attention and that's all they ever wanted.

Look at the night sky, look at the stars
It's like us, shining brighter in the darkness  

After singing half of it, I could feel the lyrics stuck at the end of my throat. It doesn't seem to come out no matter how hard I try. I froze and so did he. He stood up and stopped the music. Rushing over to my side in a panicking hurry. He holds me tight as I hold onto my throat. "What's wrong? It's okay. Shh. Y/N, calm down." He says to me, hugging me close to his chest. His warmth was too much to handle. Tears welled up in my eyes. 

I wanted to say something so bad but the past kills me. It pains me to try again. I can't let anyone get near me and hear me. Gathering all the courage I can after a few years of holding it in I smile behind the falling tears. "Leave...please?" The classroom door open and standing there was my step sister and my father? He wasn't happy. 

---

I'm not even sure if this chapter makes any senses but like I feel bad for making my main girl weak. I'm going to have to get that straight up later. 

What's her past? I told you guys a small portion of her past already but the rest will be explained later. 

She finally say something?!

Ya'll don't know how hard I try to not make her say anything, the struggle was real!

Anyway, what's up with her father?

Is Jisung going to leave her like she tell him to? Or is he going to stay?

How did the sister and father know where they're at?

Why is father at school?

BRUUUHHHHH STRAY KIDS DEBUT TEASER PICTURE THOUGH...!