Chapter 17

By the time I had met literally everyone in the pack I was exhausted. I looked around for Jake but he was nowhere to be found. I kept asking Shayne where he was but he didn't give much away.

I was sitting down at a table when someone plopped down next to me. I was more than surprised when Bre casually sat down. Jake took my other side which was another surprise.

"Nice job, Sage," Bre said, reaching for my plate and popping a grape in her mouth. "I wasn't in there long."

"You're out?"

"Are you really that surprised? Your mate is more blind than Rider was."

There was that name again. Rider. He was the bastard that turned my life to shit. Because of him I had to leave everything I had. No one knew what heartless was until they met Rider.

"Bre-"

"Not now," She said cutting me off. "I'll tell you but not here."

"Jake knows everything, Bre, and no one is paying attention to us."

"You're not the only one at stake here, Sage." She said venomously. "I've been running too."

"You're not going to get anything out of her." Jake said. "I've been trying since this morning."

"You've been out since this morning?" I asked.

"Of course she has. Why do you think I haven't been around?"

"Always looking out for Sage." Bre said with a roll of her eyes.

"What do you have to hide from?"

"I know a lot more than you were willing to share when we met you." Bre sneered at me before she stood up and left.

She was playing me to get something. She obviously knew something but how much did she know exactly? Bre was another thing I now had to worry about.

"I don't know what you ever saw in her." I told Jake.

"She's good in bed."

I gave Jake a disgusted face which made him laugh. I didn't want to know about his sex life. It was a mental picture I did not want to have in my head.

"Jake, I want to talk to you about something."

"Don't tell me it's more bad news because I've had enough if bad news with Bre being here."

"What do you mean?"

"She has gotten herself involved with a group of wolves that apparently were part of that Grey Skin pack."

"You mean the ones that attacked Red Blood? Shayne had mention the Luna went missing."

"The mutts were being held prisoners and they were able to escape. Now this idiot is planning to join them. She has also been crossing pack boundaries because of Rider. Mainly what I got out of her from that is that he's looking for you and he knew she would find you."

"So she's working for him?"

My heart was beating wildly at the mention of Rider's name. That man was anything but good.

"I think so but he has something on her. She's hiding something from me and I have to find out what." Jake said. "She's claimed."

If I would have been drinking water I would have spat it out. But this was enough to have me chocking on my own spit.

"She found her mate?"

"Remember a while back when she finally disappeared? She didn't come back after this huge fight we had. I think that's when she found her mate."