Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning with a small head ache. I had been crying all night and through the whole night Shayne stayed away. It made me a bit sad that he didn't come to comfort me ,but what did I expect? I had been pushing him away and wishing he wasn't my mate for the past four days.

I was a bit disoriented when I found myself on the bed. The blankets were tightly tucked around me and I had no doubt that Shayne had done it. I smiled at the small gesture but it soon disappeared.

Last night I had my chance to escape and Shayne was willing to let me go. I had lost that chance because I gave into what my wolf wanted.

There was a soft knock on the door and I didn't even get a chance to answer before Shayne was already stepping inside the room. He looked wide awake and I had to say he looked too good. Shayne looked freshly showered and all he had on were dark blue jeans that hung low on his hips. I could still see small drops of water that ran down from his dripping wet hair to his bare chest.

"I just came to grab a shirt." He said, getting my attention.

I shook my head at him because I knew he was doing it on purpose. I bet he had clothes in the spare room he had been staying in. My wolf was getting excited at the sight of him. I didn't say anything to Shayne so he walked into his closet.

When Shayne stepped out he had a white-yet to be buttoned up- shirt. My eyes continued to travel over his body without any control. He had a nice toned figure. Of course he looked good and in shape. Aloha's had extreme training because of their titles.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

My eyes snapped to his and I could see that his had darkened. I felt a small shiver run down my spine and I felt goosebumps forming on my arms. I wrapped the covers tightly around me and just nodded. Shayne was buttoning up his shirt and kept his eyes on me.

"Are you okay?" He asked, knowing very well that I wasn't. All I wanted to do was pull him into bed and have my way with him.

"I-I'm kinda hungry." I said quietly.

Shayne's eyes seemed to grow darker and I tried to swallow the big lump in my throat. My wolf was pasting back and forth calling out to her mate. She wanted to have Shayne and I did too, but not under these circumstances.

"Yeah... me too." He said a little breathlessly.

I felt like this whole time my heart was beating wildly and my body was on fire. I knew mostly it was my wolf because I personally had no desire to mate with Shayne at the moment....at the moment. My wolf was very much attracted to Shayne but I mostly thought it was the bond.

"Did you want to get something to eat?" He asked.

"N-no I kind of just want to stay here for a bit." I said. "I'll eat later."

Shayne frowned at me and worked on the last button of his shirt. I looked away and felt a bit awkward. I was still wearing the same clothes I had been wearing the night before.

"I'll have someone bring you something to eat." He said.

"No, that's fine. I'll eat later."

"Sage, either you eat now or I'll have someone bring you something to eat."

"I don't want to be a bother and I rather shower first." I said.

"You can shower after."

I nodded not wanting to argue with him, and slowly stood up from the bed. I was about to make my way out of the room but Shayne pulled me back. I stumbled back and bumped into his chest. I looked up at him and glared.