Chapter 32

A low rumble came from Shayne and his hands were balled in fists. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he actually growled out at me. I shrunk back into my seat and felt hurt he was directing his anger on me. I understood his reaction, but that didn't stop it from hurting.

"Start talking." He ordered.

"Before I do I want to know something first." Justin said.

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Screw this shit." Shayne said through gritted teeth. "Tell me what happened that day."

"Not until you help me with something first." Justin said.

I guess I spoke too soon saying he wouldn't ask for anything in return. I should have expected as much but I didn't think he would actually go there.

"What is it then?" I asked.

"I want to know what's the story between Alpha Sebastian and Alpha Nathan."

"Why would you want to know about them?" Shayne asked, guarded.

I knew a couple of things about packs but not much. Rogues never got involved in pack business. All I knew was Shayne was a close friend of Sebastian from Nightfall. Shayne had talked to Sebastian a couple of times when I first arrived at Night Shade. He complained to him about me trying to run away.

"Tell me how Nathan became Alpha." Justin said.

"Justin, why do you want to know that?" I asked feeling confused.

Sam had said something about this before. Justin had been asking how Alpha Nathan managed to become the Alpha of Gray Skin. No one really seemed to talk about it though they all knew.

"It's all I'm asking for in return. I'll spill anything you want to know. Heck, I might even be able to help you better than even your mate can." Justin was looking at me when he spoke.

"She doesn't need your help." Shayne growled.

"Well you sure aren't doing anything to get her out of this shitty mess." Justin shot at Shayne. "That's all I'm asking. Please, just answer the question and I'll tell you anything you want to know."

"First tell me why." Shayne said.

I was getting dizzy darting my eyes between the two. Shayne wasn't giving in too easily. It annoyed me that he didn't just tell him. Weren't we here to get the dish from Justin? Now that Shayne has it at the palm of his hand he wants to play games.

"Rider is a crazy bastard that doesn't deserve to be Alpha. I want to take him down."

"And why is that?"

"He hurt a lot of people. The pack lives in fear of him. He doesn't deserve to be the Alpha." Justin explained. They all live in fear and that's why they follow him. Some are even more blind than others and are loyal."

I didn't want to meet his eyes. I was one of those blind people that had become loyal to him. Rider was always so hard on everyone. At first I thought it was just because he wanted to push us at our best, but now I realize that it was his sick enjoyment to see us shudder.

"Did you know your mom threw all of your stuff out and practically cut you out? When Rider started hunting you down he asked your mother about you and at first it was like she didn't know who you were. She kept saying she didn't know who we were talking about. Your mother and father worshiped Rider and they didn't want to talk about the person who turned their back on Imperial."

I whimpered at hearing his words. My mom basically gave me up for being dead. To her I was never born. She cut me out of her life as if I never existed. My mother and father hate me. Me. Their daughter who tried to do everything for them.