Chapter 10: Lights...Camera...Grand Magic Games

"So... You two are related?" Lucy exclaimed curiously, zipping around Natsu and I like some crazed toddler in a chocolate shop- no... Scratch that. Like Erza in a cake shop.

Natsu shrugged, apparently unfazed. Smiling awkwardly, I glanced around the guild hall.

"Did you really have to kick so hard..? My leg is throbbing like crazy!" Gray complained loudly. He was sitting at a table and rubbing his bruised shin. I hissed at him.

"Serves you right, stripper."

"GRAY-SAMA! Are you alright?! Put some ice on the bruise!" Juvia cried, shooting me a resentful look, which I got the amazing idea of ignoring.

I turned back to Lucy, who was still staring at Natsu. I picked up Asuka (partially to avoid Juvia's wrath for kicking her 'Gray-sama' and partially because Asuka had been tugging on the hem my skirt, wanting attention).

(And because Asuka is the real star of Fairy Tail... Plus an undercover agent of the NaLu agency).

"So, when are you two getting married?" I asked, not letting any emotion cross my face. Asuka clapped, gleefully.

"Natsu and Lucy! Sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" She squealed. I set her down as both Natsu and Lucy's faces turned the colour of Erza's hair. I smirked evilly at them.
For once, they were both at a loss for words.

I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Well, I think I have a new ship too, Skie~" Mirajane smiled, "I saw you and Rogue having a nice little chat yesterday~!"

"Wha?! But we- uh! Whaaaa?!" I sputtered, my grin fading into a mega blush. We were just TALKING!

"Hmm, a ship name could be... Skigue? Or RoSkie? Ooh! Or SkiRo!" Mirajane continued, ignoring my incoherent mumbo-jumbo.

"You so evil for someone so nice!" I yelled. She laughed, and walked away again as if nothing had happened in the first place!

Natsu slid over next to me.

"As your brother, I forbid you to date anyone just yet!"

"NATSU!"

Lucy burst out in a fit of giggles at the sight of the red-faced Star Dragon known as Skie Dragneel.

I whipped around and flopped into an empty seat. Looking up, I saw Wendy and Erza staring at me. They had identical evil grins.

"So, what's this I hear about you and a certain Emo Sabertooth wizard?" Erza teased.

"Don't you start...!" I moaned, burying my face in my hands. Erza shrugged indifferently.

We sat in silence for a while, then I decided to try my luck.

"What are the Grand Magic Games like?" I asked Erza pointedly. She glanced at me, trying to see if I was joking or not.

"Basically the guilds of Fiore compete over a number of days to see which guild is the strongest. Usually, the competition consists of battles between 2 or more wizards, but sometimes te events change," She told me. It almost sounded like she had rehearsed this little speech of hers for hours.

I sighed. Oh great. Another opportunity to make a fool of myself in front of a crowd.

"Don't worry. The games aren't that bad!" Wendy reassured me. I smiled at her gratefully. Wendy didn't like fighting, and she was saying that the games weren't that bad, so I guess they weren't.

"I can't wait for the picnic tomorrow!" Erza continued, eyes beginning to sparkle. I knew that look. That's the look she gets when she thinks about cake. Erza went off into her own daydream, and Wendy and I exchanged exasperated looks. Titania - Queen of the Fairies - totally distracted by the idea of a picnic. Good to know!

"Don't get too relaxed yet! Your opponents in the Grand Magic Games will be other wizards!" Master Makarov muttered darkly.

"Thank you for making my insides feel like they morphed into butterflies then flew out my ears..." I grumbled, keeping my voice low so he wouldn't hear me.

To be honest, I'm not overly fond of the idea of fighting potentially S-class rank wizards from other guilds all on my own.

"Skie... Is it just me, or is PantherLily FLIRTING with May?" Asked Wendy suddenly, poking my arm. I swivelled around to look for my exceed friend. May was sitting casually on a table, with PantherLily chatting to her with a slightly dazed expression as he stared at the female cat.

"Looks like it. I'll ask her later," I sighed. Wendy frowned at me.

"You look really distracted. Are you okay?" She asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine," I reassured her. Wendy turned back to her book, but I could tell she wasn't completely convinced I was as sane as her.

"To be honest, I really wanna meet the wizards we'll be competing against!" I mused. Wendy looked back at me with a knowing expression.

"So you can make friends with them?" She asked.

"Uh, yeah! Something like that!"

Wendy snorted with laughter, "Or so you can find out their weaknesses?"

I whistled innocently, "Now why would I do that?"

Wendy laughed.

"Listen, if you really want to know about the other wizards, I can tell you about them!" she told me. I straightened up.

"Really?"

"Oh yeah."

-2 hours later (A/N: In this time skip, all that's happening is that Wendy is telling Skie about the other guilds and their wizards.)-

"So there will only be six guilds competing?" I asked. Wendy tilted her head.

"Hmm, I think so..." she held up her hands and began numbering them off, "Fairy Tail, Sabertooth, Lamia Scale, Mermaid Heel, Blue Pegasus and Quatro Cerberus... Yep! Unless there's a new guild that I don't know about... But I have to go! See you later!"

"See ya."