Moments- Chapter 13

Its been 3 years since I met One Direction. Zayn and I had told people that we were dating, two years ago. I started modeling a little after that. Liz had started acting. She was on a popular TV show. Things were so amazing. Claire and Harry had decided to see other people. Liam was now married to Danielle, and Lou was engaged to Eleanor. It was perfect for all of us. 

I was out to lunch with a friend of mine from work, Michael. He was proposing to his partner tonight, so we were celebrating. In the middle of lunch, paparazzi appeared, snapping tons of pictures, but I didnt notice. Michael made me laugh every two seconds with his gay humor, and occasionally he would grab my hand, which made me laugh harder. After lunch, we went to the movies to see a comedy movie that had just come out. It was such a nice relaxing day with Michael, but when I got to Zayn's apartment, that all changed.

Zayn was sitting on the couch next to Liam and Harry, with his head in his hands. Something was wrong. "Hey babe..." I said, setting my bag down. Harry gave me a nasty look, and Liam wouldnt look me in the eye. "Go." Zayn said. "Excuse me?" I asked, taken aback. He looked up, and I could see tear stains on his face, and his eyes were all puffy. "You heard me. Go." He said, getting up. I just stood there, looking at him. Why had he been crying? I took a step forward, and he took one back. 

"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked. Harry stood up, right between me and Zayn. "Go Erin." He said. I raised my eyebrows. "Like you dont know!" Zayn scoffed. "What?" I asked, so confused. "Erin. Leave." Liam said to me. "Can someone tell me whats going on?" I asked, getting a little annoyed. "Who is he?" Zayn asked quietly, looking at the floor. "Who is who?" I asked, begging Liam to explain, with my eyes. He looked away. Zayn looked through his phone, his hand shaking like crazy. He handed the phone to Harry, who turned it around so I could see. It was a picture from twitter. It was of Michael holding my hand with a smile, and me laughing. It had been taken at lunch. 

I reached for the phone, but Harry pulled it back. "That's a co-worker of mine." I said, looking at Zayn. 
"Why?" he asked. I shook my head, getting the picture. "Zayn, nothing is going on between Michael and I." I said, trying to move Harry out of my way. "You sit on a throne of lies." Harry said quietly. "Um, excuse me, but I am not lying!" I exclaimed. This was ridiculous! "Erin, we're done." Zayn said with a shaky voice. I took a step back. "What?" I asked, tears welling up in my eyes. "Here-" he said, taking off the necklace with his matching infinity ring. "Give it to your boyfriend." He said, starting to walk away. "Michael-" "Enough about Michael! Get the fuck out!" Zayn yelled. I flinched as he stomped over to me, giving me a shove. "Zayn, dont get physical." Liam said quietly. The tears finally burst, and I turned and stormed out the door. 

When I got home, Liz followed me into my room. "Erin, do you want to talk?" she asked me gently, after about an hour of crying. I sat up, and wiped my eyes on my sleeve. Liz looked at me with sad eyes. "Zayn broke up with me." I said hoarsely, the tears starting again. Liz's jaw dropped, and she pulled me to her. "Why!" Liz asked. I couldnt talk again, the tears were taking over. I calmed down enough to explain a little. "Someone took a picture of me and Michael at lunch, and it looks like I'm into him, and Zayn, Harry and Liam saw it, and Harry and Liam were there and Zayn gave this back and said we were done!" I wailed, pulling out the ring and chain. Liz gently took it from me, and looked at it. "Do you want me to talk to him?" She asked me. I shook my head. "Not right now. I'm going for a walk." I said pulling myself off the bed. I cleaned up a little bit, and started walking down the street. A crazy thought came over me when I saw a car drive by. "He would want nothing more to do with me, right?" I thought to myself. "So he wouldnt care if I died in a car accident...." And I stood by the curb, waiting for a car that I could walk in front of.