Moments- Chapter 19

Everything has happened so fast. I feel like it was just yesterday that I met One Direction for the first time. As soon as I got home from work, my mom called me, and wouldnt shut up about the wedding. I still didnt want to get married. It was a huge commitment, and I honestly dont think Jake is marriage material, for me at least. I was unpacking my shoes, when I heard a knock at the door. When I opened the door, I found a nervous looking Niall. "Hey Ni." I said, opening the door wider. "Hey Erin." He said with a small smile. "I thought you knew Liz was working today." I said. He nodded. "I know. I came here to talk to you." He said, stepping into the apartment.

"Can you talk while I unpack?" I asked, stepping towards my bedroom. He followed and started talking. "Has Liz ever talked about getting married?" He asked. "Um, not really. I mean, she always talked about marrying you before you guys met, but after you guys started dating, she never said anything... why?" I asked, putting a pair of tan toms in one of my shoe cubes. "Do you think she would say yes if I asked her to marry me?" He asked. I smile appeared on my face, and a laugh bubbled up from inside me. 

"Honestly, I think she'd say yes, but she's so content calling you her boyfriend right now... I think she would also worry about you two being so young." I said. He grinned and nodded, handing me my red Vans. "So you think I should wait?" He asked. I nodded slowly. "Ya, I would rather wait then get married." I said. He nodded. "I know." He said. "Have you spoken with Zayn?" I asked quietly. "Yeah... he's pretty upset." Niall replied. I nodded. "Do you think he'll forgive me?" I asked, looking at the shoes I had yet to put away. "Eventually, but I think it'll be a while." He said. "Erin?" Niall asked. I looked up at him.

"Yeah?" I said. "Would you marry Zayn if you could?" He asked me softly. I looked down, and smiled even though I knew I shouldnt. I could feel myself blush. "Is that a yeah?" He asked with a grin. I shrugged, and started hanging my clothes. "I still dont know why you cant call it off with Jake." Niall said, picking up a shirt, and hanger. "He's gotten my mother and brother into it. I dont want to let my brother down. Plus, my mom was so excited, she said she would pay for the wedding, even though she is extremely tight on money." I said. "So, you'd rather your mom waste all that money on a wedding, when you'd probably end up getting a divorce?" Niall asked. I turned back to look at him. He made a really good point. I shrugged. "It's her money." I said. "Okaaayy!" Niall said. "Do you have any food here yet?" He asked. I nodded and he ventured off into the kitchen. "Once I finished putting everything away in my closet, I went out to chill with Ni. He was sitting on the couch, channel surfing with- "Niall!" I gasped. He looked up at me, shoving a handful of chips in his mouth. "You!" I exclaimed, in fake horror. He looked down at the chips, and then to me. 

"You're eating my favorite chips!" I said, plopping down next to him. "You scared the shit outta me!" Niall laughed. I grinned. "Why?" I asked. "Did you do something that should make me mad?" I asked, giving him a look. He chuckled. "Not that I know of!" He said. After an hour or so, Niall decided to go. Him and Zayn were going out to dinner, then to a club. Liz got home right as I finished making dinner. "Hey!" Liz said, sitting down at the table. "Smells like Niall in here." She said, sniffing the air. I laughed. "He came by today." I said. She took a bite of the potato soup. "Why?" she asked. "He was stil confused about why I'm getting married even though I dont want to." I said, leaving the part about him wanting to marry her, out. "Ah." She said. "Hey guess what!" Liz said excitedly. I looked at her, waiting for her to continue. "Niall and I are flying out to see my parents next week!" She grinned like crazy. I smiled. "Aw! They'll love him!" I said. She nodded. "How long will you be gone?" I asked. She shrugged. "My parents want us to stay out for three weeks, so Ni and I agreed." She said. That would mean she wouldnt be there for the wedding. "Okay good, so you wont have to witness me getting married to Jake!" I said, relieved. She dropped her spoon. "Omigod Erin, I'm so sorry! I'll cancel it and Niall and I can go some other time!" She said. I laughed. "No! I dont want anyone to be there! Now I wont have to tell you, you arent invited!" I laughed. She grinned. "I'm sorry you're going through this." She said. I shrugged. "It's my fault. I could've had the guy I really want if I wasnt so stupid." I said. 

After dinner, we hung out for a while. When it got really late, I went and took a quick shower. When I got back into my room, I grabbed my phone that was now ringing. "Hello?" I asked. "I hate you right now." A very drunk Zayn said. "Zayn? Why?" I asked. "You're being an idiot! Dont marry him!" He slurred. I rolled my eyes. "Zayn, its so complicated." I said. "No! All you have to do is call your fiance and mom and tell them its off!" He exclaimed. "I cant... I dont have it in me. I'd rather get married and get a divorce than break off the engagement." I said, sitting on my bed. "Fine. Then I dont have it in me to speak with you again. You're a fucking idiot, and I hate you for that." Zayn said angrily, hanging up. That hit hard. I curled into a ball on my bed, in just my towel, and sobbed. He hates me. It doesnt matter that he's drunk. Most people admit the truth when they're drunk, and the truth is, Zayn hates me. The man I love hates me.