Moments- Chapter 8

“Whoop!” Niall hollered from right beside us. I pulled away from Zayn slowly, blushing. I went back into the changing room and put on my other shorts. When I came out, Zayn was laughing at something Niall said before he walked away. “Are you going to buy them?” he asked me sweetly. “I think so…” I said taking his hand. He gently took the shorts from me. “How about I buy them?” he suggested. I shook my head. “It’s fine Zayn.” I said looking at the crowd of girls outside. They were giving me the evil eye. Some took pictures. “Do you care that they’re taking pictures of you holding hands with her?” Liz asked.

Zayn looked at the crowd and then to me. “We can just say we’re good friends for now.” I said to him. He looked at me. “But I want to tell people… just not yet…” he looked at the  ground. “That’s fine, as long as we know that we’re dating.” I said. He looked up at me and smiled sweetly. “Thank you.” He said, taking the shorts to the counter, where he bought them, as well as plain gray t-shirt. The guy handed him the bag, and we went over to join the rest of them in the sitting area. “Did you buy your shorts?” I asked Liz, sitting next to her. He nodded and held up the bag. I looked over at Claire, who was setting up a twitter with Harry. “Gah, twitter is stupid! I’m deleting it!” she said. Harry didn’t try to stop her, he just chuckled.

So, do you think we’ll go out to lunch after this?” Niall asked. Liz laughed. “Of course you’re worried about eating!” she said. “Yeah, how do we even know we’re getting out? It feels like we’ll be stuck here forever!” I said, leaning my head on Zayn. “Don’t worry, we will.” He cooed to me. About two hours later, we heard a knock on the door. The employees opened it, and the girls screamed louder. “Alright, we’ll need about ten minutes to get the girls to clear a path, but then we can escort you out.” A police officer said. We all stood excitedly. All of us except for Liz and Niall. They were cuddled up on one of the little couches, asleep. Claire and Harry and Louis had been sitting there, but got up, so Liz and Niall claimed the couch, and fell asleep. I took a quick photo. “Where is a good place to eat?” Niall asked in his sleep. It was weird. Liam looked at me. “Where is a good place?” he asked me. I pursed my lips.

“Have you guys been to Chipotle?” I asked. Claire’s head turned towards me, and Liz made an “mmmm” sound in her sleep. No, but we’ve wanted to go there for a while.” Harry said. I nodded. “It’s so good.” I said. Claire shook her head in agreement. “Alright, so we’ll go there?” Liam asked. “Guess so.” Claire agreed. “What do you get?” Louis asked. Claire looked at me. She told them what she gets. “Sounds really good.” Louis said. “Yep, sounds delicious babe!” Harry said. “How bought you Erin?” Louis asked. “I get a chicken bowl, with white rice, lettuce, sour cream, and cheese.” I said. He raised his eyebrows. “No salsa or guacamole?” Claire asked. “No, I’m too safe when it comes to food.” I said. Niall jumped up off the couch, half asleep. “Food!” he said loudly. Everyone burst out laughing, causing him to wake up.

“Liz!” I called. She turned away from me. “Lizard!” Claire tried. “Princess!” Niall tried. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. “Nice, lad.” Zayn said. Niall grinned proudly. The policeman came back and escorted us out. Liz held Niall’s hand, because she could tell he didn’t like being so close to two hundred screaming girls. Plus, we had like no room to walk, even with the path the police made. Once we were in the car, we turned up the music, and jammed all the way to Chipotle. “Hey Zayn, is this your new girlfriend?” the paparazzi asked when we pulled in. he looked at me, and before he could say anything, the paparazzi said, “Because if she is, she’s not skinny enough!” Before anyone could stop me, I smacked the camera out of his hand, and kicked him in the crotch. “Erin!” my dad exclaimed. I just walked into the restaurant, ordered, and went back to the car, without a word to anyone.