Moments- Chapter 2

It started a really long time ago. I was just fourteen years old, and he was twenty. I was standing in front of the mirror with my two best friends Liz and Claire. We were getting ready to go to the One Direction concert. It was 10:00 am, and the concert wasn't until 7:30 pm, but we wanted to look good. Plus, my dad had found the hotel they were staying at, so we were going to try to see them before they went to the arena.

I was shaking from excitement. We all were. "Oh, I hope Liam falls in love with me!" Claire said fluffing her hair. "I hope Niall will give me a hug, and then we'll exchange numbers, and fall in love and live happily ever after!" Liz said jokingly, making a kissy face before fixing her lip gloss. "I just hope they notice me!" I said fixing my shirt. They looked at me. "Why wouldn't they notice you? You look gorgeous!" Liz asked. I looked them up and down. "You guys look so much prettier!" I said. Claire laughed. "No, you obviously need to look at yourself again." She said. I sighed and went to sit on my bed. I could feel them looking at me from the mirror.

I had always been self-conscious. Extremely, self-conscious actually. I had dark brown hair that came to my shoulder-blades and big green eyes. I had dimples, and straight teeth, without needing braces. I wasn't the skinniest, but I was working towards it. I tried not to drink too much pop and eat healthy, and I was going to start p90x. Or attempt to...

"You haven't eaten today have you?" Liz asked me, turning around, breaking my train of thought. "No, how'd you know?" I asked. "You seriously didn't hear your stomach just growl?" she asked. I shook my head. "I was too focused on my thoughts." I said.

She sat next to me, Claire following. "Why haven't you eaten, Erin?" Claire asked. "I'm afraid to eat. I'll eat something, and feel all fat for the rest of the day. Plus, I'm terrified that I'll eat something, and then while I'm talking to them, a piece of food will magically lodge itself in my teeth for them to notice..." I said. They laughed.

"Go eat something. Then brush your teeth again and floss, crazy girl!" Liz said. I got up and did so. They followed me down the stairs and to the kitchen, where I made a small salad. I ate it while they watched me.

As soon as I finished and felt a hundred times better. I finished flossing right as my dad called me down to tell me we were going to leave. I was so nervous, and excited.

We got there and joked around outside for a little while. Surprisingly, we were the only fans outside the hotel. "Are you sure they're staying here?" I asked my dad, pacing back and forth. "Erin, I'm positive." He replied.

"Then why are no fans here yet?" I asked quizzically. "Because most people aren't crazy enough to come stand in front of their hotel six hours before the concert, especially while its 98 degrees. Plus, most of them wait in front of the arena." My dad said. I nodded, checking the time on my phone. Only 1:25. We had six freaking hours until the concert.

I heard Claire gasp and Liz squeal. I turned around to see One Direction come out of the doors with four water bottles. I'm glad my friends made me eat because if I didn't, I would have passed out from the heat, hunger, and the utter hotness of the boys. "Hey there!" Niall said first. Omigod!