Moments- Chapter 29

Zayn and I were on the couch watching The Woman In Black. Cayhill was asleep on the chair, and Zayn was rubbing my feet. They were killing me. I was so done being pregnant. I had been for eight and a half months, and I was just exhausted. Cayhill didnt help with my exhaustion. He always wanted to play. Always. He had grown so much in the month we've had him, and it seems like every time he gains a pound, he wants to play more, and more, and more, until the only time he's not playing is when he's eating or sleeping. Dont get me wrong, I love him, and I love playing with him, but I was just tired.

"Erin! Did you just pee on me?!" Zayn asked, with a grossed out look on his face. "What are you talking about?!" I asked, sitting up. I got up, and a huge gush of water rushed out of me. "That! Did you just pee?" Zayn asked, standing up with me. "No Zayn. My water just broke." I said. His eyes widened. "I'll call the doctor." He said, running to grab his phone. "I'm going upstairs to change." I said. When I entered the closet, I walked over to the little shelf I had my clothes laid out on. I had planned what I was going to wear, so I wouldnt stress myself out trying to find something to wear. 

I slipped out of my wet clothes, and pulled my hair into a messy bun. I stood there looking at my naked body in the mirror. Soon that baby belly would be gone. I pulled on my bandeau bra, and a skirt with nothing on underneath, and grabbed Zayn's clothes. He was still on the phone, so I laid them on the counter. He hung up, and took the clothes into the bathroom. I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Just wait until the doctor got here? Zayn came out of the bathroom, without the shirt on, and pulled me into a hug. "Are you alright?" He asked me. I nodded. "Do you need anything?" He asked. I sighed. "Another hug." I said simply. He hugged me again, and I felt the first contraction. I pulled away quickly, rubbing my stomach, and trying to get my breathing under control. "Erin, are you okay?" Zayn asked worriedly. "Dont worry Zayn! It's just a contraction." I said. He rubbed my shoulders until it was over. Zayn stayed by my side, rubbing my back when I had a contraction, and holding my hand when I didnt. I knew he was very nervous, but he tried not to show it.

*****

Finally, after 6 hours of labor and 1 of the actual delivery, my beautiful baby girl was born. 

"Oh, oh my god look at her!" Zayn was elated. I had never seen him this giddy in all of my years with him. 

I looked up at Zayn, crying, and he leaned over, kissing me sweetly. "Thank you." He whispered, focusing his attention back on our new little girl. "Hi, sweetie, hi. I'm your daddy, and I love you so much."