CONTROVERSY OF COLOR Part 10

"Johnnie, that kid Ronnie he looks just like you, have you notice?"

"No, Tim, he doesn't look anything like me. And don't go spreading that kind of stuff around."

"I mean, your sisters have red hair and your hair is black, I mean, what's up with that? Because you didn't get your hair from your father, his hair is brown, and you said you mother's hair is the same color as your sister."

"So what are you trying to say, Tim? That I don't belong in my family?"

"I don't know maybe you were adopted, I mean that kid does look like you."

"Say it again Tim, just say it again!"

"Hey, just wondering, I mean it could happen."

And on that note, Johnnie struck Tim in the mouth and walked away.

After Scott's children got home from school, Johnnie had a lot on his mind, and wonder if his father will clarify them for him.

"Hi Dad, I order the pizza, and Johnnie is upstairs now getting ready to come down, he has been really quiet, and to himself, maybe you two should talk."

"Sure, we can talk about anything, oh, here he is now. What's on your mind son.

"Dad," Johnnie started to ask when the door ring.

"I'll get it, it must be the pizza,"

"Hi Ronnie, you're delivering pizza now?"

"No, I'm just helping out my mom, this is her second job. That will be $34.50," Ronnie quoted when both Scott and Johnnie enter the room.

"What are you doing here?"

"Jamie, could you please tell your brother, you call for a pizza."

"Don't pay him any attention, he spaces out like that ever now and then," Jamie replied as she hands the pizza to her dad and casually pushes Ronnie out the door to talk with him."

"Pay no attention to my father and brother, they sometimes..."

"Jamie, was that your Dad?"

"Yeah, why?

Ronnie did not answer her just push his way back into the house and took a good look at his father, the man who left him behind. Scott didn't say a word as the child gazed at him with an evil eye. Ronnie looked up and down at his father and scoff as he turns to walk away.

"Ronnie, what took you so long?"

"I had to take a good look at my father."

"Your father, is that where he lives?" Bernice asked as she stopped the car.

"Mom, why are you stopping?"

"I wanna see my son."

"Trust me, mom, he doesn't want to see you. I believe our dad has got Johnnie's head all messed up on color, a complete controversy of colors."

"No, I know your father he is not like that, you just don't know what we went through just to be together."

"I know, he has a family with just white people, and his son doesn't know he is black."

"Ronnie you don't know what you are talking about, I dated your father for four years, and I know he is not like that. Subject closed."

"Okay"

While the teens were at school, Scott decided to go and see

Janice; not knowing what he was going to say to her. No more then

she was right that is his son.

"Well Scott," Janice responded with a stern voice. "Did you observe what Jamie saw? Come on tell me everything, I want details, does he look like your son Johnnie? Is it really him? Is he truly Ronnie?"

"Yeah Janice, it is truly him. Incidentally, what Jamie saw is true, Ronnie looks just like Johnnie. Ronnie is Johnnie's twin, my son."

"Well in details, I want details," Janice said with excitement.

"Well," Scott said. "Bernice came to the school to pick Ronnie up, but he had basketball practice the day before yesterday."

"Okay. Did she see you?"

"No! She didn't see me, but I've gotta tell you, I was blown away to have seen them, after all these years. Ronnie is manly and masculine, just like Johnnie."

"Well did you follow them home?"

"No, Bernice came to pick him up, but he didn't leave with her he stayed for basketball practice I told you, but I gotta tell you he is remarkable, I was so proud with how well he played, yeah I

stayed and watched my boy play the boy is really good and quick."

"Great, good and all that I'm glad for you. Now how are you going to find Bernice and tell her about her other child?"

"No, they found me, Bernice and Ronnie delivered pizza to my house last night, Janice, I think he knows who I am," Scott said so sadly as he was leaving his ex-wife house.