CONTROVERSY OF COLORS Part 26

"Please, come in and have a seat," Bernice said as she made the gesture in motioning her hand towards her round table in her kitchen. "Well, after all this time I found myself thinking about you everyday since I arrived. I know you must have some thoughts on why I let your father just take you like he did, for my part, I am sorry, but it certainly was not intentional to let you leave like that, without a word of how you were doing. I hope we can resolve this problem and move ahead, so we can enjoy each other as mother and son."

On that note, Johnnie's bowed head which was showing a submissive manner, suddenly raised up and fixate his angry eyes and gaze into her eyes and did not say a word.

"Johnnie, please, forgive my embarrassing oversight, when I did not consider the high degree of your anger, however, I did not agree to you being taking from me, PLEASE!," Bernice cried.

Suddenly, Ronnie walks in and as his eyes wandered around the kitchen,  where he saw his father, Scott, his mother, Bernice, and Janice, but when his eyes fixated on Johnnie, he nods with a slight smile, Johnnie nod back and as he slighted and rolled his eyes toward the ceiling. Ronnie understood the gesture and went upstairs. Johnnie looked at his family and excused his self then fallowed Ronnie upstairs.

This larger house has four bedrooms, living room, den, kitchen, breakfast nook, dining room and three bathrooms. Johnnie was completely amazed how good his mother and brother lived.

"This is a big house."

"Yeah, our mom bought it with the settlement from my grandfather, you know the man you never met."

"Look, Ronnie I had nothing to do with that, and why didn't you say anything when I saw you that morning in the field on our way to school."

"First of all, I didn't know who you were, and second, the way you greeted me, NO! I wouldn't have if I did know, and at that particular time I felt you weren't no brother of mine."

"But, that's all change now, right?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"So, where is my room." Johnnie said with a smile.

"Johnnie, I want to let you know I truly appreciate the courage you showed at school yesterday, to be honest with all the students and letting them know I couldn't have rigged the elections, furthermore, you claim me as your brother; the risk you took, thank you for making the first move towards being my brother," Ronnie said as the guys were heading downstairs.

"Thanks, for your hospitality, Miss....what should I call you?"

"I think having two moms would be okay, don't you Scott?"

"Yes, I think that would be great!"

"By the way, Johnnie, you can come stay at any time, just pick one of the other two rooms and make it your own," Bernice claimed.

"Wow, okay."

As they were leaving, Janice recommends that they should have Christmas dinner at Bernice's house. They all agreed.

"I love to have all of you as my guest for Christmas," Bernice said proudly.

"Thank you, this will be a memorable occasion when all of the children will be united as brothers and sisters. I will be heavily relying on the time of your dinner," Janice replied.

Just a few more days before school will be letting out for the Christmas Holidays, with an additional holiday spirit of fun for the Payne's and the Perry's.

We all make mistakes, however, it is how one may correct the mistake, shows whether or not the person is sincere. In this situation where a long time has passed, the Payne family and the Perry family has a lot of catching up to do and reconciliation is out on the table.