CONTROVERSY OF COLORS Part 18

The brisk sweet smell of Fall came with the leaves falling to the

ground and in the neighborhood people were bagging their leaves

everywhere and Halloween was just around the corner. Jamie and

Johnny are having a Halloween party, for Johnny's birthday,

therefore, Sammie is so excited about the party, she is going to

invite everyone she knows. One Girl in particular, is Rose Jackson,

Sammie loves Rose, because Rose keeps Sammie laughing plus

Sammie feels Rose would make the party come a live.

Rose Jackson is beautiful, but a hard-lived the kind of girl

that picks on everyone in a joking matter. She does not mean any

harm but her jokes are sometimes hurtful. The things Rose would

say, the things she allows to come out of her mouth could stab a

person in their heart and the pain can linger for days. But of course

it is not a good joke if it does not hurt, so Rose says.

"Hey Rose, My brother, and sister are having a Halloween party. Why don't you come? It will be the coolest party ever."

"And why do I want to come to a party with the likes of you? When is it? Oh forget it, you don't know how to throw the coolest party and I don't come to boring parties," Rose said as she stood very close to Sammie with her fist balled as though Rose was going to hit Sammie, "so what are you having, tell me now before I bust you in your mouth," Rose said as she walked away.

After that Sammie did not know what to say. She just went to her

class with her head in her hand, and then out of nowhere Sammie

just bust out laughing.

"That Rose, she is too much," Ha-ha Sammie continue to laugh,

while all of her classmates stared with puzzling faces.

Meanwhile, in the hall closing up his locker, Jamie approached

A few of her friends about the party,

"Hey, Jessie, Jessie Hamilton! We are having a party for Johnnie's birthday. Be there or be square," Jamie said as she handed Jessie an invitation. "Billy, here, come to my brother's party."

"Hey, Jamie, this says Halloween Party!"

"Well, yeah, It's on Halloween. Ronnie, I know you are coming to my party, here is your invitation, be there or be square."

After class Sammie began giving out invitations to the football team in the gym, after completing another class, she later ventured towards the basketball team where she saw her brother, who she was dying to meet.

"Hi Ronnie, I'm your sister."

"Oh yeah, and how are you, my sister?"

"You know Johnnie and Jame, yeah?"

"Yeah, I know them, so..."

"Well, Jamie is my twin sister, and Johnnie is your twin brother and we all have the same father, so that makes you my brother, well, half-brother."

"Wait, does Johnnie know I am his brother?"

"No, no one has told him yet, but we plan to at his birthday party, oh, by the way, happy birthday."

Ronnie didn't say a word, he couldn't believe his father hasn't come to him and explain his actions, it was one thing to walk out of his life but to know who he is and not try to see him, That more than just hurt; it was devastating. The basketball practice was no longer on Ronnie's mind, his father was.

"Oh yeah, I'm going to this party, I want to see my daddy again and make him tell me why he left me," Ronnie grumble to his self.