Chapter 6

Kaylee's POV

So this was the rest of the week for you, Hayes and Brighton flirting, Damond hanging out with me every night after work, work in the rain, and getting death glares from Bri when Hayes and I would have to kiss. Not my fault that he auditioned for Garrett, but of course, to her now, everything with this movie and having to be in love with Hayes is my fault.

It was currently 3:30pm on a Friday afternoon. Hayes and I have to be at the airport at 4pm. It's not that big of a deal though because the airport is literally 10 minutes away. Like I said it wouldn't be that big of a deal since it's close, but Hayes and Brighton are on another date since they won't see each other for 3 freaking days, and they are acting like they won't see each other forever. Please.

Damond was out with some of the extras, or zombies, from the movie at some bar down the street. He likes the girls extras, but I can't stop picturing when they have to 'throw up' or 'bite' us when they are acting, it just all seems real.

I already had my blue suitcase packed and ready to go by the front door. I was wearing Nike sweatpants, Vans, NYFTA hoodie, and my hair was in a messy bun. Yes, I had my glasses on, I mean we are only going to the airport, so it's not a fashion show.

I was on my phone and leaning against the wall next to the front door, waiting and waiting for them to show up already.

Finally I heard the front door unlock and open, revealing Brighton and Hayes. Hayes was wearing khakis, hoodie, SnapBack, and Vans, and he looked fine. But he was Brighton's now, since they made it official 2 days ago.

"Ready to go?" I asked grabbing the handle to my suitcase and shutting off my phone.

"Uh-yeah." Hayes said before saying goodbye to Brighton. I waved to Brighton since she was staring me down as if to say, don't touch my man. I get it though, girl code. I simply nodded while shutting the door behind me.

"Where is you're stuff?" I asked walking to the elevator.

"In the car that we are taking, rental car though so don't expect it to be a limo." Hayes said while rolling his eyes and entering the elevator and me shortly after him.

"What's your problem?" I asked while pressing the lobby button.

"That I have to be alone with you all weekend." Hayes said while groaning.

"Well I'm sorry Mr. Cocky pants." I said not even making eye contact with him.

"I didn't mean it like that. I meant that you're the princess here aren't you? everyone just bows down to you don't they?" He asked cockily.

"Even if they do, I appreciate it and thank them all the time. I love my fans and that will never change. I don't want to be on the top, I just like making people happy, that's all." I said while sighing. Hayes was reaching in front of me and I instantly knew what he was gonna do. "Red means no touchie." I said warning him so he wouldn't stop the elevator, I'm not reliving what happened when he did that at Star Tour.

"Whatever." Hayes said and huffed. I don't know why he has become mean to me over the past week when I have, cooked breakfast, dinner, and lunch for him and Brighton whenever he stayed over. I helped him with running over lines, and helping him choose dates for Brighton all week, and this is my payback? Wow, that's just low.

The elevator finally opened to reveal the lobby. I saw the bell hop again and waved to him, I learned that his name is David.

"Hey David! Have a nice weekend!" I said while walking up to the counter and placing $10 on it for him. He cocked his eyebrow up as if to say 'what's this for? Did you do anything illegal?'. "Bye." I said waving to him and following Hayes outside. He waved back while smiling at me.

Once I caught up with Hayes, he was already in the drivers side of the car on the side of the street.

"I don't know what you think this is, but the highest you can get with him is free bell hop service." Hayes said starting to drive off.

"It's called being nice Hayes, you should try it sometime." I said while crossing my arms. Apparently Hayes took my suitcase an threw it into the backseat. I reached back and grabbed my headphones and phone from the front pocket of the luggage.

"I am nice, just not to divas, like a specific girl named Kaylee Gorney." He said turning into the airport. Okay, that was faster than I expected. Maybe it's closer? I have no clue.

I got out of the car and grabbed my suitcase out of the backseat. I also grabbed Hayes' since he put mine away.

"Here." I said handing Hayes his red suitcase by the handle.

"Okay." Hayes said while locking the car and walking in front of me.

I sighed and followed him. I could still spot his green SnapBack from where I was but he had already reached security check-ins.

I tried to look over the crowd to see him but lucky me, I get mobbed by fans at the wrong time. Hayes was wearing black sunglasses, which he got out of his luggage just then so thee fans wouldn't recognize him. Not like I needed help or anything.

"Can I have a picture?"

"Can you sign this for me?"

"I love you!"

"Can you marry me?"

"Can you love me?"

"Will you take a pic with me?"

"sign please?"

All the fans screamed at me, forming a fangirl barrier around me, except there were some boys too but only a small handful.

"Um- look guys, I would love to meet you guys-" I started.

"She said she loves us!" A teenage boy said in an awe voice. Normally I would be smiling, but I could barley breathe from all the closeness with the people.

"Help!" I screamed. I don't want security to make them leave, only help me get to my flight before it leaves without me.

I saw a man give me a nod signaling he would help, but while waiting I did take pics, sign things, and follow some random people on many different apps. I told you I love my fans, just now isn't the time.

Finally, security made them clear way so I could get to my flight.

I went through security and everything and just about made it to the flight before it took off.

The thing is, I had to sit next to Hayes because they had assigned seats on this coach section since it was mostly filled. I sighed and sat down next to Hayes, who was currently sleeping against the window. I laughed and sat in the middle even though there was an open seat, my seat was in the middle unfortunately.

I plugged in my headphones and listened to some random music or mostly whatever popped up in my music library. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes.

But before I could fall asleep, I felt Hayes lay his head on my shoulder, but I knew he was sleeping from the light snores that escaped his mouth every so often. I smiled and smoothed his shaggy hair so I could lay my head on his without getting a mouthful of hair. Doesn't taste good to be honest.

And with that, I fell asleep.