Chapter 2

Kaylee's POV

I snapped my head to the right to see the one and only, Hayes Grier, standing on the broadway stage.

"Alright, I have to go get back on set, and Kaylee, this is David, the one who will be helping you with running over the script." Aaron said while walking out the auditorium doors.

I awkwardly turned on my heels and saw an old man with a big bald spot on his head, and mean cold eyes, on the stage with Hayes.

"Well hello Kaylee! Come! Come!" He said overly peppy for the morning. Not my type of people, I already don't like him after 5 seconds. That means something.

He motioned me to come up on the stage and while I was stepping up the side stairs, I could feel Hayes' eyes burning through me the whole time.

"Good! Alright, Hayes have you ever met Kaylee before?" The old man, or David, asked.

"Uh-No." Hayes said looking at me, while a look of confusion stretched over his face. I said I look kinda like I did when I was 17, but there are some differences. I have longer hair, my freckles are more clear now, I am taller, and I am more lean than I was as a teenager.

"Well then! Kaylee, Hayes. Hayes, Kaylee." David said, taking hayes' and my wrist and making us shake hands forcefully. Well, I can tell he is already impatient. "Since we cleared that up, it's time to run over the script." David said. I looked up at Hayes, who was still a good 5 inches taller than me and I kinda gave him the look like, 'this guy is crazy'. Hayes smiled and nodded, agreeing with me.

"Where should we start?" I asked. David was now sitting at a judge table type thing, I felt like I was in high school musical, but a successful one, since we are on the broadway stage right now.

"Um-" David said while flipping through the script. "Start at scene 5, when Garret confesses his love for McKenna, even though he was bitten by a zombie, and is on the verge of death." David said happily while placing his head in his hands, and smiling widely. Weird, plainly weird. Hayes and I both shifted so we were front and center, facing each other perfectly. "And action!" David yelled.

"McKenna, I know we are in the middle of a big huge battle with infected human beings, but I love you, and I will never stop." Hayes said holding a script in one hand, and his other on my shoulder. Once he finished reading his lines he looked directly in my eyes. Damn, he's a good actor. But I'm better.

"But Garret, you've already been bit by a zombie, and in less than 30 minutes, you'll be a full blown zombie!" I said taking his hand off my shoulder and touching his bicep, where the bite would be if there were stage makeup and everything.

"Ow-I love you. Now do what you need to do." Hayes said taking his arm out of my grip and holding the place where his 'bite' would be.

"I can't-I just can't." I said while tears brimmed my eyes. I learned that in acting school and it helps every time I need to fake cry, which in all the past movies I have been in, which is 5, I needed to cry in all of them.

"You need to. I don't want to turn into a zombie and potentially bite you too!" Hayes said turning around and running his hands through his hair. I looked down at the script to see my lines.

"But I can't just shoot you!" I said with one single tear falling down my cheek. "I can't Garret, I'm sorry. I love you, but I can't kill you on purpose." I said putting my hands over my face.

"Hey." Hayes said softly while pulling my hands away from my face. "You have to. I love you too, and you should always know that. But you need to do this." Hayes said with tears brimming his eyes too. Damn, he's a good actor. "I love you McKenna." Hayes whispered while cupping my cheek.

"I love you too Garret." I said while leaning in and he mocked.

The kiss was unlike any other, it wasn't passionate at all, seemed as if Hayes wanted it to be over as soon as it happened, but still made it look real.

We both pulled away slowly and looked into each other's eyes. I could still feel the butterflies in my stomach, but I had to push that aside.

I felt someone from behind stage throw a toy gun at my head. My hand flew to the back of my head, while Hayes was trying not to laugh.

I sighed and picked up the gun. I pointed it at hayes' head and 'pulled' the trigger.

"I'm sorry." I whispered while Hayes 'died'.

I collapsed next to Hayes' body and started to full on cry, while screaming some profanities.

"And scene!" David said clapping his hands. "Perfecto!" He yelled while running up to the stage.

"Hey there." Hayes said smiling up at me. I laughed and stood up.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him up instantly and easily, mostly shocking Hayes. "Hello there." I said nonchalantly.

"You're funny." Hayes said wiping his eyes. I just realized that I had tears still on my cheeks and I wiped them too. "You look really familiar." Hayes said while scratching the back of his head.

"Yeah I-" I started to say.

"Alright people! Lunch break!" David yelled collecting his papers and running out of the auditorium doors.

I turned towards Hayes, about to tell continue what I was saying before, but got interrupted again.

"Kaylee! Wanna go get lunch?!" Brighton yelled while standing against the auditorium doors. She had cuts all over her face from stage makeup, and was still wearing her set clothes.

"Sure! I'll catch up!" I yelled. She nodded and walked out. I opened my mouth about to tell Hayes who I really was when-

"Well, I have to go, see ya!" Hayes said running behind the stage, leaving me by myself and alone.

I sighed and ran off the stage, down the aisle, and threw the auditorium doors, to find Brighton pretending to be a plant?

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked while laughing.

"I just saw Hayes Grier! He is so gorgeous like, YAS!" Brighton said dramatically. She doesn't know that I used to date Hayes, and I still like him.

"Alright Juliet, let's go." I said sarcastically while pulling her in the direction of Taco Bell.